Mega Airport Munich

Shaun Fletcher

Hi,

to summarize my statement in the german thread for non-german speakers (I try to do this very short - and btw I'm not an Aerosoft official... ;) ):

The development of Munich is definitly delayed - very delayed - and it will be ready much later than firstly announced by Aerosoft, the publisher.

This have some reasons of course. For example colleagues like Thomas (the designer) are in my eyes artists, not workers.

If you see what level of scenery design we reach nowadays (like Orbx, sim-wings, German Airports, Flytampa, FSDreamteam, Vouchez Flightscenery and others) I would have never expect to see this in my old days with my old FS... ;)

But they have a real life beside their FS-work and if they decide to enhance their art with a special feature, they will do so.

On the other side we - the customers - always want a new "best of". All new addons have to push the limit a little bit higher. We compare all works from different sources with each other and if someone isn't able to reach a special feature from another colleague, we well read this only a view moments later in forums - proudly presented by... ;)

I'm frightened and very disappointed how some things were discussed in other forums.

Especially in some german speaking forums my screenshots and the reason for showing them in early stages seems to be interpreted in a wrong way. So I described in my thread why I made this screenshotstories for my colleagues. I like to show the improvements during the development, to show what's possible with a very good outfitted FS and - of course - I was very proud to see your comments.

But if my screens leads to some statements like "I won't buy the scenery..." or "I'm very disappointed only to see screens for months..." then it's better to review my work.

That's only a very short conclusion. Maybe some conclusions I wrote above I must explain with more details. But that's too much for my coffee break now. ;)

I decided to stop the screenshots and/or reduce them. I'm in contact with every colleague and we'll concentrate to show new screens only if the releasedate is definitly set in a very near future. The german thread is closed until we are earlier to the release.

Please don't use this thread now to continue the dispute. I only want to give a short comment because of the link one statement above.

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Upvote 3

Hi,

to summarize my statement in the german thread for non-german speakers (I try to do this very short - and btw I'm not an Aerosoft official... ;) ):

The development of Munich is definitly delayed - very delayed - and it will be ready much later than firstly announced by Aerosoft, the publisher.

This have some reasons of course. For example colleagues like Thomas (the designer) are in my eyes artists, not workers.

If you see what level of scenery design we reach nowadays (like Orbx, sim-wings, German Airports, Flytampa, FSDreamteam, Vouchez Flightscenery and others) I would have never expect to see this in my old days with my old FS... ;)

But they have a real life beside their FS-work and if they decide to enhance their art with a special feature, they will do so.

On the other side we - the customers - always want a new "best of". All new addons have to push the limit a little bit higher. We compare all works from different sources with each other and if someone isn't able to reach a special feature from another colleague, we well read this only a view moments later in forums - proudly presented by... ;)

I'm frightened and very disappointed how some things were discussed in other forums.

Especially in some german speaking forums my screenshots and the reason for showing them in early stages seems to be interpreted in a wrong way. So I described in my thread why I made this screenshotstories for my colleagues. I like to show the improvements during the development, to show what's possible with a very good outfitted FS and - of course - I was very proud to see your comments.

But if my screens leads to some statements like "I won't buy the scenery..." or "I'm very disappointed only to see screens for months..." then it's better to review my work.

That's only a very short conclusion. Maybe some conclusions I wrote above I must explain with more details. But that's too much for my coffee break now. ;)

I decided to stop the screenshots and/or reduce them. I'm in contact with every colleague and we'll concentrate to show new screens only if the releasedate is definitly set in a very near future. The german thread is closed until we are earlier to the release.

Please don't use this thread now to continue the dispute. I only want to give a short comment because of the link one statement above.

Ciao,

Rainer.

So, July 30th is out of the discussion as of now. Right?

For me (based on the screens that Rainer publisher earlier) EDDM looks 99% completed. Don't understand why it's delayed. Anyway, thanks for FS2004 support and I hope you won't drop it.

• Aerosoft

So, July 30th is out of the discussion as of now. Right?

For me (based on the screens that Rainer publisher earlier) EDDM looks 99% completed. Don't understand why it's delayed. Anyway, thanks for FS2004 support and I hope you won't drop it.

In screenshots you see only a bit of what a scenery is. You don't see the bugs, the animations, the framerates, the traffic files, you do not hear the sounds etc etc etc. If it would be 99% ready we would know when it would be released. But it is not.

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the response Mathijs,

So, the chances are that EDDS might be released even earlier than EDDM, correct?

I honestly would not know. Seems all the German devs only think about some game. Not sure how it is called but it's played on grass where some guys play with a ball. Some never touch the ball and some seem to be allowed to pick up the ball. Not an engine in sight so don't like it.

• Upvote 2

Maybe some of the German devs dream about a final scoring 2:1 against a team in nice and funny orange clouths. And the goal scorer name is Mueller.

hmmmm - deja vu? ;)

We'll know it this evening. All the best.

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Upvote 2

Maybe some of the German devs dream about a final scoring 2:1 against a team in nice and funny orange clouths. And the goal scorer name is Mueller.

hmmmm - deja vu? ;)

We'll know it this evening. All the best.

Ciao,

Rainer.

Some of the Dutch have the same dream, only this time it's a guy named Robben who scores.. (and I am envious of the way Germany plays, great football!!)

But \o/ for Holland :P

Hihi, maybe we should mix the teams and play Bayern Munich against the rest. ;)

Yep, this young German team play a very good football. I hope to see a good game this evening and may the best will win - today and sunday evening. Maybe it's Spain, they play a very successful football and I like it too).

Hup Holland Hup - Oranje boven

Ciao,

Rainer.

• Upvote 2

• Developer

Yep, this young German team play a very good football. I hope to see a good game this evening and may the best will win - today and sunday evening. Maybe it's Spain, they play a very successful football and I like it too).

Ciao,

Rainer.

When germany plays on Sunday, there is only one option, otherwise 10000th of holiday caravan drivers will have a long distance trip, or did you think they will let any of them crossing the border again :D

EDIT: Ok, problem solved for the caravans, now I hope the germans making holidays in spain have a nice party there on sunday, because the better team will win :lol:

• Upvote 2

the scenery looks great and nice

one question : the mega airport Munich is delayed ? because i saw first the release date was : 30.07.10 and later when i saw it was : 30.09.10 tell me is the is any reason of delaying :rolleyes:

Cybermasterz

• Upvote 1

Hup Holland Hup - Oranje boven

Ciao,

Rainer.

You are absolutely right. But Germany deserves to play the final, based on the way they played sofar. Viele Holländer, auch Ich, sind ein bisschen Deutschland Fan. Die spielen fantastisch fussball.

Tonight I root for germany

• Upvote 1

the scenery looks great and nice

one question : the mega airport Munich is delayed ? because i saw first the release date was : 30.07.10 and later when i saw it was : 30.09.10 tell me is the is any reason of delaying :rolleyes:

Cybermasterz

Did you read the posts above ?? Yes it is delayed... And Aerosoft does not know when it will be available...

You are absolutely right. But Germany deserves to play the final, based on the way they played sofar. Viele Holländer, auch Ich, sind ein bisschen Deutschland Fan. Die spielen fantastisch fussball.

Tonight I root for germany

Me too! Still 0-0 for now, though.

And it's pity Munich is being delayed all the time. It seems like a nice stop between EHAM and the "countries of the east". East-Europe, that is.

• Upvote 1

hey guys , i watch on Pre-order the mega airport Munich release date was 30.07.10 but later i watch the date was 30.09.10 any reason on the delaying of dates for 2 months :rolleyes:

reply me soon !!!!

By

Artificial Animations

You could just scroll up and read Rainer Duda's post, and the response of Mathijs. It was only yesterday they explained it :)

• Upvote 4

Offcourse we will!

Robben & Sneijder will make the winning goals. But back on topic: I'm glad to see that Aerosoft is finishing some projects.