Release: Vfr London

You really want to ruin me!

I think this is a must for me! Thats perfect for a chopper flight from Heathrow when I arrived there from Frankfurt...

Please deliver us some good reasons for our wifes... :lol:

Simply stunning... I have to upgrade my PC again. Have you guys ever concidered doing one of the most beautiful cities in Central Europe... Prague. Czech Republic? That would be a treat. How about doing some more US cities? I am a big fan of Aerosoft (have a lot of your products) and Thanks for the great work.

Louis K

• Aerosoft
Does this include the London city airport like the FS9 version did. I loved that airport with that awesome runway texture.

Manny

There is a City Airport there that is not bad... But later this year we will deliver a separate London City airport that will be made available as a free update for users of this product. it will be pretty high end.

There is a City Airport there that is not bad... But later this year we will deliver a separate London City airport that will be made available as a free update for users of this product. it will be pretty high end.

WOW!.. Thank you. That would be awesome!

B)

I will be purchasing this anyway but i was just wondering.

Does this cover kingston upon-thames in south london?

This is where i live now and i would probably have a heart attack if it was covered.

Cant wait to get this one

Richy

This one came up over on the Horizon forum - it definitely includes EGLW Heliport :).

Cool, I now may well have use of my London Helicopter Route Chart in FSMap now :)

• 2 weeks later...
Gentlemen, we are currently waiting for a few replacement files that should solve a mesh issue. But we do expect them soon and should be ready for a release next week.

Well I'll be ready to buy next week so let's get this show on the road! :P I've never been to London and I'm ready to go :D

Bob

..... People buy the scenery they know, where they live.

Mathijs, thanx for Aerosoft´s great work on sceneries. Concerning market´s acceptance, (when)

can we expect Berlin or Hamburg sceneries?

Sailing Pilot (August 28, 2008)

• Aerosoft
Mathijs, thanx for Aerosoft´s great work on sceneries. Concerning market´s acceptance, (when)

can we expect Berlin or Hamburg sceneries?

Sailing Pilot (August 28, 2008)

No special plans for city scenery for this cities right now, but you'll never know. Certainly Berlin would be attractive.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a pretty good idea it was coming imminently as I was one of the beta testers for Horizon helping to hurry the final issue fixes today ;)

It's a truly stunning piece of work and its truly amazing how Carl and the guys managed to make it so frame rate friendly.

One little tip for folks out there is that i found frame rates slightly better on "extremely dense" than i did on "very dense". And even at very sparse levels there is still a huge amount of scenery to be seen, you WILL be amazed.

Here is a couple of shots i took a few months ago, both on an old Athlon X2 4400+ with 2 gig of RAM and an ATI 1950 XTX. I now have a Quad core 6700 now and a ATI HD4870 and the frame rates are almost double in most situations for me.

2008-6-2_21-50-56-171.jpg

2008-6-4_22-59-24-31.jpg

• Developer
Question for the Aerosoft crew: Will this product also be released on a nice and shiny DVD?

Gino

THis question you can answer yourself on the product page, where you can read this:

"VFR London X will be available in boxed format when the updated London City airport is available. Customers of the download version will get a free update that includes the enhanced airport at that moment."

When you want the BOX (DVD) you need to wait.