Aes 1.99 and above And Overland Airports

OPabst

• Developer

Hello,

when you want to use the Airports of Overland with AES 1.99 and above, you need the version distributed by Simmers Sky or Simmarket (or other Shops officially licensed by Overland) AND the releated Updates, which are available for download by Overland HERE.

Without this Update, die Airport can't be activated in AESHelp!

Note: Only the Box product of FSQuality will NOT be supported, because therefor is no Update available yet.

• Upvote 1

Hi Oliver,

Do you know whether Overland are going to provide an update for the FSQuality version of the scenery? :unsure:

It would be disappointing if those of us with the boxed product are going to be left without the ability to use AES. :(

Thanks,

Matthew

• Developer

Hi,

the problem with FSQ Box is, that Overland is not responsable for that Product, they only give there code to FSQ as license, but when I understand it correct, there was no feedback (no salesdata, no money) back to Overland from FSQ. So Overland can not say how many customers uses this box and so it is very difficult to provide any update for users, which you don't know about or where you are not payed for.

As FSQ is not anymore available, I don't think that this situation will change or will be cleared up. I can't say yet, if there could be found any other solution.

But before we can search for a solution, first all Airports in the Box must be updated by Overland, what is not done yet.

• 4 months later...
Hello,

when you want to use the Airports of Overland with AES 1.99 and above, you need the online version distributed by Simmers Sky or Simmarket Airport packeta AND the releated Updates, which are available for download by Overland HERE. Without this Update, die Airport can't be activated in AESHelp!

Note: The Box product of FSQuality will NOT be supported, because therefor is no Update available yet.

Just to make it a bit more clear: the Overland boxed version available on Simmarket IS supported when correctly patched.

Iouri

• Developer
Just to make it a bit more clear: the Overland boxed version available on Simmarket IS supported when correctly patched.

Iouri

Thanks, I have changed the note to make it clear.

• 3 months later...
For those who wonder where to find the patch for Overland Minna no kukou 4 boxed boxed, here's the link: http://www.overland.co.jp/public/download/...date_081222.zip .

The Overland customer suppord promiced to update their web page too.

Merry XMAS and Happy New Year

Iouri

:) Overland airports is fantastic really like the detailed airport they make but a little question when will the new AES 2.0 be released?

BTW i'm new :blush:

• 8 months later...

I bought overlands japanese airports Vol 3 from flightsim not knowing that RJAA would not be recognized by AES. I WAS NOT told in advance that thgis would happen. WHY can you not warn cusrtomers on the list of airports that we have to buy from simmers sky or sim market so we won't spend $22.50 like I did and not have coverage for RJAA. It seems funny that all the other airports in the download show coverage by AES but the one (RJAA). Now I have spent money and have no coverage at the aieport I wanted. You have one unhappy customer here and probably more out there!!!!!!!!! I also installed the update!!!!

• Developer

I bought overlands japanese airports Vol 3 from flightsim not knowing that RJAA would not be recognized by AES. I WAS NOT told in advance that thgis would happen. WHY can you not warn cusrtomers on the list of airports that we have to buy from simmers sky or sim market so we won't spend $22.50 like I did and not have coverage for RJAA. It seems funny that all the other airports in the download show coverage by AES but the one (RJAA). Now I have spent money and have no coverage at the aieport I wanted. You have one unhappy customer here and probably more out there!!!!!!!!! I also installed the update!!!!

Before you size up the fonts, please tell me, who give you this info? Who says that the Flightsim version don't support RJAA but all other airports for the Vol3? Is that an official statement from Overland?

If not, please check if you find the BGL Files Narita_T1_Gate.BGL and Narita_T2_Gate.BGL in the RJAA SCENERY Folder and the AESREADY.BMP in the RJAA TEXTURE Folder. If not, then please check the install of the Servicepack for the VOL3.

TO THE REST OF READERS: I DONT SEE ANY REASON, EXPECT AN INSTALLATION ERROR OF THE USER, WHY THE FLIGHTSIM VERSION SHOULD NOT BE SUPPORTED, AS THE TECHSUPPORT FOR THIS PRODUCT IS DONE BY OVERLAND DIRECT, SO THE PATCH COULD BE USED. IF THE USER HAS PROBLEMS, IT MAYBE HAS OTHER REASONS.

Sir, I believe it was a gentleman named Opabst, who on the 12th od August that stated "you need the online version distributed by simmers sky or sim market and all the updates which are available from Overland" I think that was YOU that made that statement!!!!!!!! The wat YOU made3 the statement, it lead me to believe that all downloads from other websites do not work!! YOU should have made YOUR statement nore clear if you meant something else. Please don't get an attitude with me!!! MAKE YOUR STATEMENTS CLEAR ON THIS FORUM!!!

• Developer

Sir, I believe it was a gentleman named Opabst, who on the 12th od August that stated "you need the online version distributed by simmers sky or sim market and all the updates which are available from Overland" I think that was YOU that made that statement!!!!!!!! The wat YOU made3 the statement, it lead me to believe that all downloads from other websites do not work!! YOU should have made YOUR statement nore clear if you meant something else. Please don't get an attitude with me!!! MAKE YOUR STATEMENTS CLEAR ON THIS FORUM!!!

Sorry, but you posted here and I gave you this answer, but you don't take the time to check out the reason for your problem before you make your statement here.

I have no informations, which shops all over the world are selling the products, so I can only give the info, where I know that the product is selled as needed. And there is no statement (expect the known issue with the box of FSQuality) that there are no other shops supported, so please stop it and first check you installation.

But, I have changed the statement, so that this is clearer now.

I was only going by ur atatement....I found that the aesready.bgl was missing and installed it and it is working now, I do appreciate the information. I also apologize if I offended you in any way!

• 5 months later...

My interesting experience is that after installation of the update I could activate AES again but only in administrator mode. As I do not like to fly online with administrator's rights I switched those off again. With the restricted account though, all my Overland sceneries have gone into off-mode.

That means: If I'd like to fly to Japan or Korea, I have to switch to administrator's mode, reactivate those airports in AESHELP and fly ten, twelve hours with an increased security risk for my computer.

Just, if anyone is interested...

Regards,

hobeprime

• Developer

My interesting experience is that after installation of the update I could activate AES again but only in administrator mode. As I do not like to fly online with administrator's rights I switched those off again. With the restricted account though, all my Overland sceneries have gone into off-mode.

That means: If I'd like to fly to Japan or Korea, I have to switch to administrator's mode, reactivate those airports in AESHELP and fly ten, twelve hours with an increased security risk for my computer.

Just, if anyone is interested...

Regards,

hobeprime

Then you must check your virtual store, maybe there is a different Scenery.cfg, where the Overlands are not included. When you switch to admin mode, the FS9 will read the scenery.cfg from the FS9 Patch directly and then you see the Overlands in the Scenery Library.

I would expect that you get a warning from AESHelp about the issue with the scenery.cfg

Expect of the issue with UAC and double scenery.cfg I don't see any reason, why AES or the sceneries should only run in Adminmode.

• 2 weeks later...

Then you must check your virtual store, maybe there is a different Scenery.cfg, where the Overlands are not included. When you switch to admin mode, the FS9 will read the scenery.cfg from the FS9 Patch directly and then you see the Overlands in the Scenery Library.

I would expect that you get a warning from AESHelp about the issue with the scenery.cfg

Expect of the issue with UAC and double scenery.cfg I don't see any reason, why AES or the sceneries should only run in Adminmode.

Thanks for the answer,

I have only one scenery.cfg (and loads of backups). I see the Overlands in the AESHelp, but they're switched off. And yes, I get a warning from AES help. It does only concern my two installed Overland airports. I can't switch them on in restricted mode but I can in administrator mode. All the other 86 AES airports work fine.

That's no big deal though, as I have more add-ons that only work in administrator mode (e.g. ActiveCamera). I can live with it, just wanted to point it out to other users.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the answer,

I have only one scenery.cfg (and loads of backups). I see the Overlands in the AESHelp, but they're switched off. And yes, I get a warning from AES help. It does only concern my two installed Overland airports. I can't switch them on in restricted mode but I can in administrator mode. All the other 86 AES airports work fine.

That's no big deal though, as I have more add-ons that only work in administrator mode (e.g. ActiveCamera). I can live with it, just wanted to point it out to other users.

I need to row back some way there: Today I flew online to Tokio (restricted mode again) and had completely forgotten to switch to admin mode. But upon landing, AES worked nontheless. Only after I had opened AEShelp did I get the warnings and the Overland warnings. Thus my hypothesis is: Switch from admin to restricted mode and as soon as you open AEShelp, it doesn't work anymore...

But AEShelp should always run in AdminMode on your installion or did you mean the start of the FS?

Hello,

I am sorry that I am obviously unable to make my point. That's probably entirely my fault, so I'm really sorry!

• In order to install anything, I run WinXP in AdminMode. Everything is well.
    • In order to fly online, I prefer my computer to run on RestrictedMode. Still all is well.
      • As soon as I have opened AEShelp in RestrictedMode (e.g. in order to check whether an airport is actually activated or to check aircraft settings) the Overland airports go offline. Those are the only ones which do so.

In order to bring them back online, I need to change to AdminMode again.

Hopefully, this makes the matter clearer. It's not a real problem but only a little nuisance as I have to remember to check whether the Overland airports are online every time I plan to fly online (which is rare :) ).

Kind regards,

hobeprime

• Developer

• As soon as I have opened AEShelp in RestrictedMode (e.g. in order to check whether an airport is actually activated or to check aircraft settings) the Overland airports go offline. Those are the only ones which do so.

With "RestrictedMode" you mean you use a user as Login, which is not a Admin of the PC?

Is it possible that this user has no access to read/Write to the Scenery Directory of the overland scenery?

AESHelp read the scenery.cfg and then checks all Entries for specific Filename to identify the related Scenery. When AESHelp is not able to find the BGL/BMP it search for, it thinks the scenery is not installed and so the Airport will be set to OFF.

So you need to check, where the restiction is for AESHelp in the "RestrictedMode", so that it don't see the overland airports.