Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Ooms, Ctds And Maybe More ...

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
132 replies to this topic

#121 Kyprianos Biris

Kyprianos Biris

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 Posts:

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:15

Reviving an old thread <g>
Same problem for FS9 at Eiresim EIDW

From Eiresim Dublin 2009 manual :

Known issue
Some people have reported issues with the landclass regarding possible memory
leakage, if you find you are having a problem please delete the following files in
the Eiresim\EIDW\Scenery folder:
• Dublin.bgl
• Navan.bgl

Kyprianos Biris OAL269
Hellenic vACC - Olympic Air Virtual

#122 Kyprianos Biris

Kyprianos Biris

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 Posts:

Posted 03 April 2012 - 19:34

Oliver one question after reading this very useful thread.

When I have a memory leak due to landclass file(s) in folders having texture subfolder, FS9 in window mode and I minimize FS9 in taskbar the memmory used by FS9.exe goes from say 300~500 Mb (rising slow or fast depending on case) down to ~60Mb. Then when I remaximize the window from taskbar I get memory used in the region of 100~150 Mb and then it starts adding again from that upwards.

Does this mean that any memory consumed due to leaking by LC files or something else is reset (parsed) and starts adding leak from start or is this a wrong statement ?

Windows XP SP3 (running in 3Gb option for FS9)
FS9.1 (4GB patched)

PS: Did you manage to find the leaking file (even though its small) in Sochi 2007 scenery listed at the top of this thread ?
Kyprianos Biris OAL269

#123 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10875 Posts:

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:17

Does this mean that any memory consumed due to leaking by LC files or something else is reset (parsed) and starts adding leak from start or is this a wrong statement ?

I never test that, but it is possible, that the Engine will release all memory related to the 3D window, when it is minimized.

PS: Did you manage to find the leaking file (even though its small) in Sochi 2007 scenery listed at the top of this thread ?

Sorry, it's long ago and I don't remember yet.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#124 jhaley101

jhaley101

Corporal

• _Members
  • Pip
  • 5 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 16:32

The first thing I'd like to say is "thank-you" for developing AES. I've used the program with a lot of success over the years. I've read this entire post 2 or 3 times and so I'm going to start by running the program aimed at trying to pick-up problems related to landclass and missing textures or calls for textures/effects that aren't there.

I want to confirm a couple of things because the posts here a bit dated. I'm a FS9 W7-64 bit user, but I also dabble in FSX occasionally, although not with AES................yet.

1) Is it still necessary to start the sim at an AES airport if you're flying between airports where one does not have AES functionality?

2) Has there been any discussion to a review of textures within the AES folder. I'm no expert and I'm guided by the knowledge of many other posters including the developer of AES who frequently helps here, but I have noted that there are several DXT3 files in the AES texture folder that have no alphas and are not mipped. This can lead to problems but I'm still reading more to try and understand the process more clearly. I downloaded the latest version of AES this morning, and still find the same DXT3 textures in the texture folder after install.

3) My understanding is that FileMon is no longer downloadable but instead users are automatically pointed to a new piece of software that I believe does the same thing. Someone else posted for help in terms of use of the program. I appreciate its not AES, but I wondered if there was any insight as to its use.

Looking forward to the activation of Fly Tampa Montreal as part of the AES family. OOMs, CTD's are frustrating to say the least, but I truly appreciate your support in helping understand our own sim's better and in the process, helping us to understand AES.

John

#125 Kyprianos Biris

Kyprianos Biris

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 Posts:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 19:58

Process Monitor
http://technet.micro...s/bb896645.aspx

Process Explorer
http://technet.micro...s/bb896653.aspx

Former replaces FileMon and latter is very useful in monitoring VAS as explained in
http://kostasfsworld...hardware-guide/
Kyprianos Biris OAL269

#126 jhaley101

jhaley101

Corporal

• _Members
  • Pip
  • 5 Posts:

Posted 01 February 2013 - 18:27

Hey, nice to see in this latest release that all DXT3 textures have Alpha's assigned, way to go! And, only one file needed to be mipped!

Any confirmation in regards to question number 1 of my post, do you still have to set up your aircraft at an AES airport? (See above)

Glad to have helped

John

#127 mopperle

mopperle

Field Marshal

• Assistant Moderators
  • 9965 Posts:

Posted 01 February 2013 - 18:35

Any confirmation in regards to question number 1 of my post, do you still have to set up your aircraft at an AES airport? (See above)

Totally different question compared to your 1st post, but Yes, you have to configure your aircraft at an AES supported airport.

Gruß/Regards,
Otto

Kein Support via PM/No support via PM

electric-lightning-banner.jpg

#128 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10875 Posts:

Posted 01 February 2013 - 18:52

Hey, nice to see in this latest release that all DXT3 textures have Alpha's assigned, way to go! And, only one file needed to be mipped!

Glad to have helped

John

Yes, I hav cheched some off the textures, but Mipmaps are not in all cases wanted, important is only, that not both (mipmap and alphachanel) are not present.

No, normally there is no need to start the sim at an AES airport first, as long as you are not at the memory limits at the approach to the first AES airport. The general problem is solved since years.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#129 Maxje121

Maxje121

Corporal

• _Members
  • Pip
  • 5 Posts:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:31

Hi guys,

For a couple of weeks now I have this problem.

Every time when I approaching a airport or I just landed on a airport my FS crash to desktop.

For example:

Flown with Ifly 737 to London Stansted, I`m using the scenery of UK2000. Then a day later I flown with a Project Airbus/Wilco merge to Amsterdam Schiphol and when I was vacating the runway FS crashed. Then this morning flying again with Ifly 737 CYUL-KMIA. During approach at 8000ft my FS crashed again.

I read your message OPabst at the beginning of this topic. But I don`t thinks this is the problem in my system. This because UK2000 Stansted, Aerosoft Amsterdam and LatinVFR Miami are not working with a LC and SC map right?

Can you please help me to resolve this problem. It`s very frustreting to get a crash every time when you`re preparing your approach. Certainly after a flight of 3 or 6 hours.

Kind Regards,

Max

#130 Kyprianos Biris

Kyprianos Biris

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 Posts:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 17:51

I had OOM's when approaching UK2000 EGLL with UK2000 EGKK and EGLC installed.

What solved my problem was installing the alternative LOW SIZE ground texture bitmaps that UK2000 has available for download at registered customers' download section.

I don't have UK2000 EGSS installed.

I think I also deactivated ground moving vehicles at EGLL.

At KMIA I deactivated the many static aircraft .BGL files that are positioned in various areas of the airport.
Kyprianos Biris OAL269

#131 Maxje121

Maxje121

Corporal

• _Members
  • Pip
  • 5 Posts:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 14:32

Hi,

After trying a lot of things I still get a lot of CTD and OOM.

For example:

Yesterday flying EDDF-LEPA, I got a CTD when I was taxing to they active runway. I`m using Aerosoft Frankfurt.

I already tried they 4GB patch but for some reason my FS9 is still crashing at 1.300.00 KB of memory.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Max

#132 mopperle

mopperle

Field Marshal

• Assistant Moderators
  • 9965 Posts:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 15:05

Are you sure that this a problem with AES?
And next time please do not use the "Report" button when replying. ;)

Gruß/Regards,
Otto

Kein Support via PM/No support via PM

electric-lightning-banner.jpg

#133 Rafal Haczek

Rafal Haczek

cruelty free

• Assistant Moderators
  • 2518 Posts:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 21:18

Like Otto suggests, neither OOMs nor CTDs have to do anything with AES.
I, for instance, completely got rid of OOMs by applying the 3GB switch.

As for CTDs, these still happen to me from time to time. But after reading hundreds of webpages and trying hundreds of tweaks and tools I came to some important conclusions.
There may be very different reasons for CTDs. Let me name a few most typical: mixed textures of AI aircraft, double or faulty AFCADs, bad landclass (falulty, overlapping or with an empty tex folder), and others.
The good news is the reasons can be tracked down and cured. The bad news is it takes time, patience and effort (like any real success in life).

I can recommend several basic tools to help you check for the most typical problems causing CTDs (and possibly OOMs too):
- ACA2005 (to search for flightplan and aircraft config errors) --> http://aifs2.pvdveen...ownload=ACA2005
- ACA2007 (like above, just newer but more basic) --> http://aifs2.pvdveen...A2007_Light.zip
- ScanAFD (to find double AFCADs) --> http://www.fs2000.or...ons/scanafd.zip
- DXTBmp (to search for and convert bad texture formats) --> http://www.softsea.c...oad/DXTBmp.html

Good luck!

Rafal Haczek

i5 2500k 3.3 GHz @ 4.0, GTX 560Ti 1GB, Z68, 8 GB RAM, WD Caviar 500 GB 7200 rpm, Corsair HX750W PSU,
Cooler Master Elite 430 case, Samsung P2370 WS 23", LG W1943SS 19", Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, FSX

testwhitetext_zps2feed678.png

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users