Welcome dear guest,

We like to ask you to log-in or to create an account if you don't have an account. Being a member of this forum allows you to post messages and gives you access to the free downloads. It is by far the fastest way to get any support for the many products we sell. Creating an account is fast and easy, certainly if you already have a Twitter or Facebook account. Do note we take your privacy very serious and will never allow any other company to access your information.

Wir bitten Sie, sich mit Ihren Log-in Daten im Forum anzumelden oder sich einen neuen Account anzulegen falls Sie noch über keinen verfügen. Als Mitglied des Forums können Sie Ihre Mitteilungen an andere Mitglieder oder an uns posten und Sie erhalten Zugriff auf kostenlose Downloads. Außerdem ist die Nutzung unseres Forums bei weitem der schnellste Weg um Support für die vielen Produkte zu bekommen, die wir verkaufen. Einen Account zu erstellen geht einfach und schnell, vor allem wenn Sie bereits bei Twitter oder Facebook registriert sind. Sie können sicher sein, dass wir die Privatsphäre unserer Mitglieder schätzen und schützen. Es wird keiner weiteren Firma gestattet Einsicht in Ihre Daten zu nehmen.]

Nos gustaría pedirle que accediese a su cuenta, si la tiene, o que cree una cuenta, si es que no la tiene. Pertenecer a este foro le permite colocar mensajes y le da acceso a las descargas gratuitas. Es con mucho la forma mas rápida de obtener cualquier tipo de soporte para la multitud de productos que comercializamos. Crear una cuenta es rápido y fácil, y  lo es mas si tiene una cuenta en Twitter o en Facebook. Considere además que nos tomamos su privacidad muy en serio y que nunca permitiremos a ninguna otra compañía que tenga acceso a su información.

Gostaríamos solicitar que acesse a sua conta, se você já tem uma ou que crie una nova. Pertencer a este foro permite que você possa postar e permite usar as nossas descargas gratuitas. É a forma mais rápida de ter suporte nos muitos produtos que vendemos- Criar uma conta é rápido e fácil, mais ainda se você tem conta no Twitter ou no Facebook. Acrescentar que nos levamos muito a serio a sua privacidade, e que jamais vamos permitir o acesso aos seus dados a outras companhias.

Nous vous demandons de vous identifier ou créer un compte si vous n'avez pas encore de compte. Etre membre de ce forum vous permet de poster des messages et vous donne accès à des téléchargements gratuits. C'est le moyen le plus rapide pour obtenir un support pour les nombreux produits que nous vendons. Créer un compte est rapide et facile, surtout si vous avez déjà un compte Twitter ou Facebook. Ne noter que nous prenons votre vie privée très au sérieux et ne permettrons jamais à une autre société pour accéder à vos informations.
Guest Message by DevFuse
Photo

Ooms, Ctds And Maybe More ...

• Locked Topic This topic is closed
132 replies to this topic

#81 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:20

Ok,

here some background info:
When you start the FS, AES is not loaded automatically, only the Vistamare DLLs goes active, but they only need a small part of the memory <1kb, and do nothing more.
As long as you don't start a flight at a AES enabled airport and you aircraft get in the area (<10KM) around this airport, no AES code line is in memory, as is not active.
When you get in this area the first time, the first AES BGL will be loaded by the FS and the AES code starts to work, when this Module is able to load. When the FS has no more memory to load this Module, you get a OOM as you get it with all other scenery BGLs.
Is the AES BGL loaded the first time after the FS was started, AES will first allocate PC memory to store later informations need to process the airports. This memory is allocated once and will be active over the howl session (until you stop the FS). If the PC is out of Memory, this could fail, maybe you get a OOM or a warning from AES, that is failed loading.
This part makes it important, that you place the Airport first on a AES supported airport, so that AES can allocated this internal memory a this point. It could help to prevent problems, when AES has to do this under low memory conditions later on flight time.

But, even when this memory is allready allocated successfull, there are issues within the FS internal memory handlings, which can generate OOM or CDT later, when you arrive to an complex airport under low memory conditions. AES Code modules must be loaded, Library object like Jetways needs memory to been shown and also the AES code modules itself need some (low) memory to get loaded. When the FS is not able to do that, because you have bad landclass files, not optimized Panels, other memory consuming processes, the FS will react with very different crashes in all part of modules, result are CTD's in g3d.dll, atc.dll, FE.dll all related to that part, which has the problem first.
AES try to protect all it is able to do, but when the AES code is not able to load, I could not react in any form.

The only possible solution (hard to do, but I don't see any other way) is to keep you FS clean, check all memory consuming products (scenery, panels and addons).

The primary problem in memory eatings are the non correct designed landclasses, as they catch memory very fast (as faster as you PC is, as faster the memory is gone). Here only filemon can help to detect such Sceneries, where BMPs are not found locatly.

Also Aircrafts can be a problem, when there Panel components (like FMC) will collect memory which the flight and don't give it back, when it is not needed anymore.

Mostly a combination of all this parameters will generate the OOM/CTD problem. AES is mostly the last component in the arrival, which needs to be loaded, so AES will not "gernerate" the problem, it only shows it up.

I will always try to keep an eye on all this memory effectiv issues, but I can only optimize it, but I can't solve problems gernerated somewhere else in the FS session.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#82 flightvision

flightvision

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 13:00

Thanks Oliver for this clarification.

As detecting such hazardous programs is difficult, is there maybe a way to have a program detect possible memory leaks automatically? Any warning before a possible crash would be favorable. A helpful crashdump of recently accessed files might make it possible to find the bad scenery .bgl, texture, aircraft, module...
I am sorry I am not into Windows programming so deeply.

#83 MeatWater

MeatWater

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 Posts:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 13:08

QUOTE (flightvision @ Mar 9 2009, 13:32 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Oliver for this clarification.

As detecting such hazardous programs is difficult, is there maybe a way to have a program detect possible memory leaks automatically? Any warning before a possible crash would be favorable. A helpful crashdump of recently accessed files might make it possible to find the bad scenery .bgl, texture, aircraft, module...
I am sorry I am not into Windows programming so deeply.

You can do that yourself using filemon, filtering for fs9.exe and errors

However, not every event logged as an error IS an error. For example, FS will look for gauges in several places, e.g. the GAUGES directory and the corresponding panel directory. Filemon will then list one error but still succeed to load the file from another source.

It's not that easy, and the best cure is NOT to install everything found at AVSIM etc. but to carefully pick those addons REALLY needed.
Nick

#84 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 09 March 2009 - 14:21

Thanks Nick.

Here some infos for Users, who want to use Filemon to check the Sceneries:

Download and documentation for Filemon can be found HERE

- First start the FS and place the Aircraft on the airport you want to test the Scenery
- Start Filemon
- Select the Drive of you FS under the Volume Tab in the menu
- Set the Filter as shown on this Picture Filemon1.jpg
- Then wait for 1-2 Minutes, if you see errors in the Filemon screen like you see below
CODE
1    2:23:59 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\041B2Lm5.bmp            Attributes: Error    
2    2:23:59 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\043B2Lm3.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error    
3    2:23:59 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\043B2Lm7.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error    
4    2:23:59 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\043B2Lm4.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error    
5    2:24:00 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\043B2Lm5.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error    
6    2:24:00 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\030B2Lm3.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error    
7    2:24:00 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\030B2Lm1.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error    
8    2:24:00 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\030B2Lm4.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error    
9    2:24:00 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\030B2Lm6.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error    
10    2:24:19 PM    FS9.EXE:3952    QUERY INFORMATION    D:\FS2004\aerosoft\balearen-gibraltar\ibiza_lc\TEXTURE\035B2Lm6.bmp    FILE NOT FOUND    Attributes: Error

where Bitmap names like 043B2Lm7.bmp are included and not found in the TEXTURE Path of the scenery, this will indicate a Problem with the Landclass.

In the case of the Simwings Ibiza Scenery, in the original installation, the files LC_048_018.bgl and WC_048_018.bgl are in the normal Scenery Directory Ibiza_2004\Scenery, where a TEXTURE Subdir is beside for the Scenery BMP's. To solve this, I add a new Directory Ibiza_LC\Scenery where I moved the two files and add this as a new entry to the scenery library. As long as no TEXTURE subdir is present there, the problem is solved. To generate the log, I simply add a empty Texture Subfolder and the problem can be shown.

When you see a FILE NOT FOUND like this for a scenery, then you know that this scenery has a problem. Maybe you don't know which BGL is the source of the problem, but you that it is maybe better to disable thatone. When you make this test after you install a addon scenery, you can be on a saver state.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#85 Olivier Moens

Olivier Moens

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 Posts:

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:09

I wish to thank all people (and specially Oliver) who have worked and tested on this topic.
Thanks to you, I am able to flight again with france VFR scenery, the 3Go patch and AES together, without getting OOM or CTD anymore tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif .

It is the first time that I see a support from a product solving a problem that is not directly related to it. (even as it was part of dry.gif ). In most case, we just receive a "this is not our product fault, see with the other add-on support team", and vice -versa angry.gif .

So again, thanks a lot for AES, and for your great support.

#86 DWalther

DWalther

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 09 May 2009 - 20:11

Hi everybody,

I actually don't really know where to start.

I am having this OOM's now for a few months, i have been seeking through all forums and tried everything I could find. I am using a plenty of add ons for my FS2004, about 30 and of course the most likely ones. Now after months this thread seems to be the most interesting for me since this opens a new way to solve it. I have even tried this 4gb patch with changing user VA and all the stuff, but then, after solving the OOM's the DLL probs occured, as expected... G3D.dll and so on. now it seems like the thing with the landclass is the only way to finally solve it. Coz im getting really angry, every flight seems like a coin flip, maybe it works or not. Of course I am using AES, and I love it, and im not flying from one AES to a non AES airport or the other way round. So AES is always active since all my destinations and departures have full AES support.

So my question is now: Since this thread is older now and the last post is 2 months old, can I expect that my beloved flightsimulator is gonna work if I do so as instructed seeking for LC files and changing them to different dir? I mean I am not expecting a super answer, just a little hint or anything, or maybe there has been some progress in the investigations?

Since my FSX with addons doesnt even work properly on my very expensive close to high end pc, I don't wanna miss my fs2004 if I have to go back to it. Coz the only reason I put my back on it was the OOM and DLL issue.

I hope u can help me, since this was the only forum which could give me at least a little hope to get over this.

So at the end some system specifications

Windows Vista 64bit 8GB Ram
Intel Core2Quad Q9650 3Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX260
Nvidia Gefore 8800 (im using 2 graphicdevices for 4 monitor use)

My system has changed now to get it ready for the FSX, so my prior system was different with XP 32 so I don't think this specs were really usefull, but maybe with it I have better chances to solve the OOM stuff, although I know 64bit is not the solution for the OOM's

So thats it 4 now

best regards Dominik

PS: Thanks Oliver Papst for inventing AES, u made gave FS a soul

So furthermore a good evening and a good time rolleyes.gif

#87 lindbergh72

lindbergh72

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 Posts:

Posted 09 May 2009 - 20:40

QUOTE (DWalther @ May 9 2009, 22:11 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everybody,

I actually don't really know where to start.

I am having this OOM's now for a few months, i have been seeking through all forums and tried everything I could find. I am using a plenty of add ons for my FS2004, about 30 and of course the most likely ones. Now after months this thread seems to be the most interesting for me since this opens a new way to solve it. I have even tried this 4gb patch with changing user VA and all the stuff, but then, after solving the OOM's the DLL probs occured, as expected... G3D.dll and so on. now it seems like the thing with the landclass is the only way to finally solve it. Coz im getting really angry, every flight seems like a coin flip, maybe it works or not. Of course I am using AES, and I love it, and im not flying from one AES to a non AES airport or the other way round. So AES is always active since all my destinations and departures have full AES support.

So my question is now: Since this thread is older now and the last post is 2 months old, can I expect that my beloved flightsimulator is gonna work if I do so as instructed seeking for LC files and changing them to different dir? I mean I am not expecting a super answer, just a little hint or anything, or maybe there has been some progress in the investigations?

Since my FSX with addons doesnt even work properly on my very expensive close to high end pc, I don't wanna miss my fs2004 if I have to go back to it. Coz the only reason I put my back on it was the OOM and DLL issue.

I hope u can help me, since this was the only forum which could give me at least a little hope to get over this.

So at the end some system specifications

Windows Vista 64bit 8GB Ram
Intel Core2Quad Q9650 3Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX260
Nvidia Gefore 8800 (im using 2 graphicdevices for 4 monitor use)

My system has changed now to get it ready for the FSX, so my prior system was different with XP 32 so I don't think this specs were really usefull, but maybe with it I have better chances to solve the OOM stuff, although I know 64bit is not the solution for the OOM's

So thats it 4 now

best regards Dominik

PS: Thanks Oliver Papst for inventing AES, u made gave FS a soul

So furthermore a good evening and a good time rolleyes.gif

So it do happen on Vista 64 bit??? Damn... blink.gif I am surprised.

Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Frank
My PC spec: MS Win7 64 bit SP1 - Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ OC to 4.6 GHz - 16 GB ram - Geforce 670 GTX OC 2GB - Water cooler H100 Corsair. SSD 240 GB for FSX.

#88 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:49

QUOTE (DWalther @ May 9 2009, 22:11 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everybody,

Hi, even when the thread is old, the problem is still the same: Memory leaks somewhere in the sceneries, damaged Textures of AI Traffic or memory consuming Aircraft addons. All this can generate OOMs or Memory related CTDs.

Before you start searching for LC files, maybe make this test first:

- Backup the scenery.cfg file you find in the FS Main directory
- Start FS and go to the scenery Library
- Go to the buttom of the list above the default entries (normally the last default is "Propeller Object")
- Go up the list and uncheck all entries expect:

- depature airport
- destination airport
- AES Basepack of course
- and maybe existing Global Meshes and well updated LC payware Addons like Ultimate Terrain

Then make you flight. In this case, only the needed Addons are active, all other are not relevant.
When the flight is successful (maybe you make some more with this trick), you have the first indication, that one of the addons could generate problems, even when they are only overfilght.
Then you can reactivate the other entries step by step to see, when the problem comes back.

If this trick don't solve the problem, maybe the start or destination Airport Addon is buggy or you have another problem, like 24bit Textures on AI-Traffic (-> try to make a flight with AI Traffic set to 0%) or the aircraft you use is the source of the problem (-> Try to fly with a different Aircraft)

I would expect, that the first step (only source/dest airport active in the Scenery Library) will give you a positiv result.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#89 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:52

QUOTE (lindbergh72 @ May 9 2009, 22:40 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it do happen on Vista 64 bit??? Damn... blink.gif I am surprised.

The operation system has no effect to the problem. When there is a memory leak, you will have it on every OS and based on the situation, that the FS is a 32bit Application, you will always be limited to 2GB memory offsets internally.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#90 lindbergh72

lindbergh72

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 Posts:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 16:18

QUOTE (OPabst @ May 10 2009, 11:52 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The operation system has no effect to the problem. When there is a memory leak, you will have it on every OS and based on the situation, that the FS is a 32bit Application, you will always be limited to 2GB memory offsets internally.

So Oliver, are you telling me that on vista 64 bit OS with 8 GB of ram, the FS9 only use 2 GB of them or what? and how many are FSX using? rolleyes.gif

Frank
My PC spec: MS Win7 64 bit SP1 - Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ OC to 4.6 GHz - 16 GB ram - Geforce 670 GTX OC 2GB - Water cooler H100 Corsair. SSD 240 GB for FSX.

#91 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 16:29

QUOTE (lindbergh72 @ May 10 2009, 18:18 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Oliver, are you telling me that on vista 64 bit OS with 8 GB of ram, the FS9 only use 2 GB of them or what? and how many are FSX using? rolleyes.gif

A memory offset in a 32 Bit application can not be larger then +-2GB, because this is the limit of a 32bit long value. When you need to adress a jump or call, you will need to address this memory. A relative offset can not be larger then 2GB.
As I know (maybe I am wrong here), the FS9 and FSX will use max 2GB of the available memory.
Only when you have a 64bit Application, there are no address limits.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#92 lindbergh72

lindbergh72

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 Posts:

Posted 10 May 2009 - 16:45

Perfect, thank you wink.gif Nice to hear.

Frank

#93 altstiff

altstiff

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 Posts:

Posted 13 May 2009 - 23:08

Correct me if I am wrong but if you add the Large Address Aware patch to the FS9 EXE it will see beyond the 2GB if your using a 64bit OS.
Intel i7 930 Quad Core (O/C 4.0Ghz) / Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Mobo / Kingston Hyper X 16GB @ 1600Mhz / EVGA NVidia 660Ti FTW 3GB / W7 Home Premium 64bit
Check Out My Flight Sim BLog

#94 DWalther

DWalther

Private

• _Members
  • 4 Posts:

Posted 14 May 2009 - 15:14

Hey guys, first and foremost thanks for the very very quick support.

I have one more question:

Could it be an appropiate solution to deactivate addon landclass? I.e. of all the airports, which mostly, if I am right cause the memory leak? I mean the thing is, I have UTE ( of course patched to the latest versions) and FS Global 2008 also installed, they offer their own landclass. So my thought is now, if its the add on airports which cause them, wouldn't it be just possible to deactivate them or eliminate them? Or would it cause further problems for example missing scenery or whatever? I once had that problem when I used Flight Sim Manager which is able to find malfunctional LC and relocate them. When I did so and approached these airports I had grey squares all over the airport, huge pieces of the scenery were missing! Is there any way to do so without having those problems and is it a possible solution to get over the memory leak thing which obviously causes 90% of the OOM or G3D.dll stuff. I'm really afraid to use the often mentioned 4gb patch again, I used it and I thought it was over, but the problem only changed to a different failure, g3d.dll... Seems like nothing is working. I wonder if it ever will be possible with fs9 or fsx to fly larger distances or a longer time without praying. I mean who wants to wait for an fs11 which I think won't come within the next years, and who has paid a lot of money for current add ons.

#95 DogStar

DogStar

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 Posts:

Posted 12 June 2009 - 14:50

Gibt`s schon irgendwas neues von der OOM - Front ? ist ja nicht so, da das Problem nicht mehr existieren würde dry.gif ...
Gruß

Matthias

My System: i7 - 975, GTX 295 (1792MB), 4GB RAM (1333), 300GB WD Raptor

#96 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 12 June 2009 - 14:54

QUOTE (DogStar @ Jun 12 2009, 16:50 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gibt`s schon irgendwas neues von der OOM - Front ? ist ja nicht so, da das Problem nicht mehr existieren würde dry.gif ...

Sorry, but I don't understand german here. But all we have done in AES 2.01 should fix all AES driven CTD. OOM are not AES created.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#97 steveduemila

steveduemila

Lieutenant

• _Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 Posts:

Posted 23 June 2009 - 21:48

Dear Oliver,
maybe this is not a topic about AES but, with the help of your system, i discovered a problem that i thought was due to AES 2.
Flying from Belfast Extreme UK2000 to Hannover Aerosoft, in approach to EDDV i always had an OOM or *.dll failure and consequently CTD.
So i tried your sytem, wiht Filemon, and i discovered a "bug" in Belfast UK 2000.
Some files are missing in the directory Texture of Belfast.
The solution is very simple, just to copy the following .bmp files from directory \Fs2004\Scenery\World\texture to directory texture in Belfast Extreme (usually \Fs2004\UK2000 scenery\UK2000 Belfast xtreme\texture)
047B2Sp4.bmp
027B2Sp4.bmp
056A2Su4.bmp
047B2Sp1.bmp
027B2Sp1.bmp
056A2Su1.bmp
047B2Sp2.bmp
027B2Sp2.bmp
056A2Su2.bmp
047B2Sp6.bmp
027B2Sp6.bmp
056A2Su6.bmp
047B2Sp7.bmp
027B2Sp7.bmp
056A2Su7.bmp
047B2Sp5.bmp
027B2Sp5.bmp
056A2Su5.bmp
047B2M17.bmp
900B2M17.bmp
047B2Sp3.bmp
027B2Sp3.bmp
056A2Su3.bmp
047B2M14.bmp
900B2M14.bmp
047B2M13.bmp
900B2M13.bmp
047B2M15.bmp
900B2M15.bmp
047B2M16.bmp
900B2M16.bmp
047B2M11.bmp
900B2M11.bmp

Just for information
Thank you for your great AES!!!
Stefano

#98 lindbergh72

lindbergh72

Brigadier

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 Posts:

Posted 27 June 2009 - 20:11

You know what?? I have swift to 64 bit OS with 8 GB of ram and have never since have an OOM. Can clearly recommend it.

Frank

#99 blackswan

blackswan

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 Posts:

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:26

It happens to me often when flying multiple legs. Yesterday I flew from Manila (Freeware) to Hong Kong (Tampa) and then on to Bangkok (Freeware) -> CTD on short final in VTBS. I do sometimes get CTDs, but always within a mile or two around the airport. It happens to me in payware products with AES support and in freeware products without AES support. Is there a possibility that AES affects also non AES sceneries (to check somehow if they use AES) ? I'm running FS9 on VISTA64 with 8GB memory... Any ideas?

I try and check with that filemon tool (found out that you have to use process monitor for VISTA) to see if there are some issues with that, but I never get OOMs just CTDs...

cheers,
tobi

#100 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:20

It happens to me often when flying multiple legs. Yesterday I flew from Manila (Freeware) to Hong Kong (Tampa) and then on to Bangkok (Freeware) -> CTD on short final in VTBS. I do sometimes get CTDs, but always within a mile or two around the airport. It happens to me in payware products with AES support and in freeware products without AES support. Is there a possibility that AES affects also non AES sceneries (to check somehow if they use AES) ? I'm running FS9 on VISTA64 with 8GB memory... Any ideas?

I try and check with that filemon tool (found out that you have to use process monitor for VISTA) to see if there are some issues with that, but I never get OOMs just CTDs...

cheers,
tobi

Which version of AES did you use?
CTD are often generated by OOM issues, depending on the time they happens. Mostly windows has no time to inform you about a OOM situation, the Modules Crashes before.
When you approach to a non AES airport, AES is doing nothing, no line of code is in the memory.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#101 blackswan

blackswan

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 Posts:

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:24

You might be right about that. I'm using 2.02. I try to get that process monitor working, it's bit more complicated with filters then filemon...

cheers,
tobi

#102 John1604

John1604

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 Posts:

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:25

Hi Oliver,

Can you help me how I config the new process monitor tool.
The filemon tool was very easy to config, but the new program I don´t know what to do so he searching again my incorrect files.
Thanks for it.

With compliments,
Regards, John
My home cockpit : www.john1604.nl

#103 wiebe

wiebe

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 Posts:

Posted 19 December 2009 - 15:58

Hi,
So what's going on if all of a sudden AES doesn't work anymore in FSX. I see no jetways, etc, when I press CTRl-Shift-W I get nothing. I reinstalled AES a few times, nothing. I have the latest version of FSUIC

#104 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 19 December 2009 - 16:06

Hi,
So what's going on if all of a sudden AES doesn't work anymore in FSX. I see no jetways, etc, when I press CTRl-Shift-W I get nothing. I reinstalled AES a few times, nothing. I have the latest version of FSUIC

What has this to do with this Thread? Nothing. So, first read the other threads and if you don't find a solution, open a new thread for that. Primary look for all you can find about the Vistamare modules.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#105 Skyrock

Skyrock

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 Posts:

Posted 30 December 2009 - 23:21

Hello,

is there anything new with the annoying g3d.dll? I've expected several problems with this "nice" file in the last time, most on long haul flights. First, I'm using FS9.1 on Windows XP, AES 2.05 and some sceneries. I read another thread here (http://www.forum.aer...ic=17418&st=160) in which psolk said:

You should not get the error flying between two AES airports, lord knows there are enough of them to choose from public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif
You should not get the error flying from an AES airport to a non AES airport
You SHOULD get the error flying from a non AES airpot to an AES airport

Well, I can agree with the last sentence, but not with the first two sentences. There are some examples:
Flight Munich to Boston -> everything works fine, no problems, very satisfied pilot. :)
Flight Boston to Munich -> on final, just established on the ILS -> g3d.dll error -> angry Pilot :(
Flight Munich to Miami -> same as the first flight, no problems.
Flight Miami to Munich -> crashed on ILS

I've the GAP 1 for Munich, the freeware scenery for Boston and the Flytampa scenery for Miami. Boston and Munich are AES active and Flytampa Miami doesn't have AES. O.K, like psolk said, from Miami (non-aes) to Munich (aes) there should be the error, and he's right, but I get the same when flying between two aes-active airports.
And I found out that its not important which aircraft I'm flying, I got the errors with the PMDG 744, the PSS 777 and the CLS a332.

Another thing: I have the 3gb patch too, its really neccessary for me, otherwise I can't complete my flights without having OOMs. A few weeks ago I perfomed some touch and gos with the PMDG 744 at EDSB, but in the second downwind -> crash. I tried the same with the PMDG 737 and I turned and turned and turned and nothing bad happened. Strange!

I've reinstalled AES now and deleted the static traffic from Munich (as I expected, one the the last airports with static traffic!) and done some flights between Munich, Vienna and EDSB (Karlsruhe) -> no problems so far, but I think, if I try another long haul, I'll crash again and thats very bad...

#106 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:41

As I have stated somewhere here, the problem has nothing to do with AES and in the most cases with the sceneries you fly from or to. The problem has also nothing to do with the DLL you see in the CTD. This dll is only that one, which comes in trouble, because the memory handling gets in problems, so the DLL can not do, what it has to do and the application chash.

Before AES 2.0, AES had a problem when using the 3GB Patch and AES was not loaded at the beginning of a session, because in this case the allocation of Memory after a longer flight get in trouble, because the address was in the upper area of the memory and AES could not handle that correct. This issue is fix since 2.0.

But, when you have addons (mostly sceneries with Landclasses, but also aircrafts have problems), which will have memory collection or memory leak coded in it, it is possible that you fly only over such a area, and the memory is reduce massive (as more frames you have, as faster this happens) and when you then enter the final to the destination airport and the FS must load the scenery (and maybe AES), there is no memory left anymore, because the FS will not give back the memory collected before by the buggy codes, the FS cashes in any part (fe.dll, atc.dll or 3gd.dll).

So, when you deactivate AES or parts of the destination scenery (like AI Traffic or static object) it is possible, that you have luck with the next approach, but maybe next time it cashes again.

The only chance you have is, to disable all addon scenery expect the depature and destination airport, so that you can check, if then all is fine there.

If you install a addon scenery (payware or freeware), the first step after the install should be to park the default cessna in that area (or airport) open the Taskmanage and check the FS*.EXE, if you see a growing of the virtuell memory usage over the time 10-15 minutes, even when you don't touch the FS. In this case, you know, that something is wrong here.

In extrem cases (like Francevfr addon before they where patch), you could see several 100 MB per minute growing, when you parked at LFMN. Maybe you have luck that you could start before the memory was over, but when you reach the destination (like CDG Paris), there was no chance to handle that big airport. But the most people will call the support of the destination (or AES), because they think there is a bug in that airport, what is not.

But I think also Addon Aircraft will have sometimes a problem, maybe with there FMC, because I had in the last week such problems with the CS757 after some fights and I have definitiv no Sceneries with memory problems installed. So it could be, that maybe a NAVDATA Upgrade with a massive growing database could also be part of the game, when for example a bug in the data will generate memory usage in the FMC Gauges.

Also AI Aircraft models using 24 bit Textures often will generate memory problems. If you have luck, you don't see this aircraft on your fight, but when it is somewhere crossing you flightpath, you get in trouble.

So it is a very complex issue, where you never can say where the reason is. AES or the most professional sceneries are mostly only the last part in the story, which brings up the trouble, but are not responsable for it.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#107 Skyrock

Skyrock

Sergeant

• _Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 Posts:

Posted 31 December 2009 - 14:57

Thanks for your reply Oliver.

So, for the example KMIA-EDDM, could it help to log in first on the destination airport with AES (so Munich) so AES and the scenery can be loaded and then back to the departure airport (Miami)?

A few months ago I had Ultimate Terrain Europe installed, but removed it from my computer after this error occured. This error didn't appear then until I finished the first longhaul flights after the removal. But this crashes only occured on european, most on german airports like EDDM or EDSB. Could it be that UTE was not completely removed from my computer? The only scenery addon for a greater area is Switzerland Prof. 2004 (so not the latest version) and some airportcollections like GAP and some Imaginesims for US-airports.

#108 ehasanov

ehasanov

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts:

Posted 09 January 2010 - 00:34

Hi.
In case of XP64 bit OS, should I expect similar behavior, because I didn't have a luck with 32bit OS and 3GB switch?.
Frequently 3gd.dll or fe.dll.
After de-activating 3gb sw, then OOM after longer flight.
Thanks

Edin

#109 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:44

I don't know, but FS is a 32bit Application, so Memoryadressing is limited to 32bit.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#110 ehasanov

ehasanov

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 19:23

I don't know, but FS is a 32bit Application, so Memoryadressing is limited to 32bit.

Hi Oliver.
I know that my problem is not connected with AES and things here, but as I'm informed You are guru for scenery problems.
So If You could look and give me advice.
Main thing. I have increase in memory usage more then twice above Belfast, and except UTE and EGAA Extreme I don't have any scenery in England.
Hypothetical question, how far can be scenery to have an impact to memory rise. For example, I have EGLL scenery which has memory leak. Will I see memory leak if I fly above Ireland?
The post is here:
http://forums1.avsim...howtopic=273206

Thanks

#111 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 20:08

When you place the landclasses in the "Flight Simulator 9\addon scenery\scenery" directory, you must check if there is a "Flight Simulator 9\addon scenery\Texture" subdir present, as it is by default, because then you have won nothing and you still have the leak with the landclass. I made a post in Garys Forum for that.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#112 ehasanov

ehasanov

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 20:21

Hi Oliver and thanks for clarification.
So, even I deactivated EGAA after putting landclass file to wrong location, I will still have memory leak. Is this correct.
Thanks

#113 OPabst

OPabst

AES Developer

• Developers
  • 10866 Posts:

Posted 18 January 2010 - 22:01

Hi Oliver and thanks for clarification.
So, even I deactivated EGAA after putting landclass file to wrong location, I will still have memory leak. Is this correct.
Thanks

Yes, because you have the landclasses still in the Addon Scenery Entry folder, as long as you don't deaktivate the "Addon Scenery" entry (or remove the files in there, the landclasses and so the memory leak is still in place. The EGAA Entry should be free of a memory leak, when you have removed the landclass there.

mfg/brgds
Oliver Pabst

#114 ehasanov

ehasanov

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 79 Posts:

Posted 19 January 2010 - 14:51

Hi Oliver.
Problem solved.
After de-activating EGAA and then UTE, memory still rise above normal values.
So, I realize that the problem is somewhere else.
With great tool Filemon, I found in area of Belfast , lot of missing textures for EIDW scenery.
Just to be sure I copied all textures from main texture folder to EIDW texture folder and no memory rise again.

Thanks for support.

Edin

#115 Petrovich

Petrovich

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 Posts:

Posted 24 February 2010 - 14:58

Hi Oliver,
last week I had two CTDs, both at Aerosoft sceneries - brand new EHAM and updated EDDF (AESed of cource). In both cases I had an error with nt.dll.
EHAM: just explore the new scenery, default C172 was parked near RWY.
EDDF: parked at gate A42 after ESSA-EDDF flight and prerared for return flight (MADDOG08 Pro).

The strange thing: in both cases Aeroflot AI contacted to ATC. I checked textures for AI Aeroflot A319/320/321 and no problems was found.
Other sceneries installed: some of Aerosoft releases from ESSA to LPPT, UK2000 Xtreme series, Cloud9 ENBR, FSDT Swiss ports, FlyTampa, EFHK by FISD, maybe anything else. Also installed custom Europe mesh ans separate Alps mesh.

So. Oliver, how I can locate the problem? And what can cause that CTDs?
I will check all of AI aircrafts departing/arriving EHAM and EDDF. What next?

[EDIT]
Can anybody hint me how to use Filemon in Win7 x64 Pro?

#116 Dimon

Dimon

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 Posts:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:56

Oleg,

EHAM is famous for its ntdll issues. I'm having them as well, despite the fact that I haven't had any ntdll-related errors since 2005. I strongly suspect corrupted textures in the scenery's itself.

PM. Drop me PM, since I lost all your contact info after my Yahoo inbox was hacked.

Dimon

#117 psolk

psolk

Colonel

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 Posts:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:01

Oleg,

EHAM is famous for its ntdll issues. I'm having them as well, despite the fact that I haven't had any ntdll-related errors since 2005. I strongly suspect corrupted textures in the scenery's itself.

PM. Drop me PM, since I lost all your contact info after my Yahoo inbox was hacked.

Dimon

Same here with EHAM... See the scenery support forum for that, not an AES issue at all...
-Paul

PS, Oliver even though FS9 is a 32 bit app you can still make it largeaddressaware and use a 64 bit OS and OOM errors will be a distant thing of the past :wub:
Paul
primary rig: Liquid Cooled Intel I-5 2500 @4.8GHz, Asus P8P67 Deluxe, 8 gigsG.Skills Ripjaws DDR3 1600 CL8, EVGA OC GTX570, 32 inch Sony Bravia, PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLI

#118 tetiaroa

tetiaroa

Captain

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 Posts:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 17:01

Hi Oliver,

I still owe you a very big, fat THANK YOU!

Thank you for not having given up on this "g3d.dll"-related CTD with AES until finally having solved it and thank you for your indefatigable effort to help us out with any kind of problem we accost you with! You do by far provide the best service for your clients! THANK YOU

Best regards,
tetiaroa

BTW: if you find a moment of time, i´d be really curious what did the trick with this issue

#119 Egbert Drenth

Egbert Drenth

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 Posts:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:27

Hi,

I have read most of the posting in this thread because recently I also experience OOM's
(FS2004/Win XP x86)
I have a few questions:

• 3GB switch / AES
    Can the 3GB switch be applied without causing issues for AES?
  • Landclass files
    Is there an (easy) way to determine if landclass files reside in scenery folder?
    I have a zillion scenery add-ons and I don't want to investigate each and every one using filemon. That would take ages.
    There must be a faster way (I hope)

Egbert
Posted Image

#120 geoffco

geoffco

Major

• _Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 Posts:

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:43

Hi,

I have read most of the posting in this thread because recently I also experience OOM's
(FS2004/Win XP x86)
I have a few questions:

• 3GB switch / AES
    Can the 3GB switch be applied without causing issues for AES?
  • Landclass files
    Is there an (easy) way to determine if landclass files reside in scenery folder?
    I have a zillion scenery add-ons and I don't want to investigate each and every one using filemon. That would take ages.
    There must be a faster way (I hope)

Egbert

Hi Egbert,

The second question I can perhaps help with; There is a free software called 'Flight Sim Manager' by Rana Hossain which can almost certainlyt be found in the usual file libraries. Although it is an old software and it's use is 'date limited', I find that it works fine when I simply set my Windows date to somewhere in 2006 ;) There is even a patch somewhere that makes it work without that trick. Anyway, this software can do many many things but of interest here is the ability to scan the scenery folders and identify / isolate / move any landclass files to a special folder just for them...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Geoff

0 User(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users