Twin Otter Update

tomv

I've noticed that the Twin otter has some flight characteristic bugs, where the trim is kind of runaway, or that when you throttle down it wants to increase pitch untill it stalls. I couldnt fix this, but I'm trying to install the updated Otter. Installer will not run, As I get an error saying DH-6 Twin Otter already installed, and I must uninstall it before running installer again. I tried to uninstall through control panel 'add-remove' but it does not show up in the list of installed software. I then attempted to manually delete every file in FSX pertaining to the otter, but this doesnt work either. the installer still seems to believe it is still installed. does the original installer hide a file somewhere that tells future installers that it is installed. I really love this aircraft, but I just want it to fly right.

Try to download and run Windows Installer CleanUp (you'll find it by google). If it finds twin otter, "clean" it and then try to install the updated version. This has helped me sometimes to solve similar problems, where installer thinks something is installed when it actually isn't.

Try to download and run Windows Installer CleanUp (you'll find it by google). If it finds twin otter, "clean" it and then try to install the updated version. This has helped me sometimes to solve similar problems, where installer thinks something is installed when it actually isn't.

Tried that the cleanup utility doesnt list it. did the original download have an uninstall?

Try this solution provided by our FAQ section, that eventually has most answers for this type of problems.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=16315

Thank you so much! this worked marvelously!!! The updated version flys much better no more climbing into a stall at throttle back to idle. The only bugs Ive found now are the light switches which others may be familiar with. I'm not worried about something like that though. It flies now which my previous version did not do correctly. Normally I would have written it off entirely and just uninstalled it, but the DH-6 twotter is and aircraft worth working at if it needs it. The short field performance is outstanding for a TT. Thank you for the help. unfortunately I can only search the forums for a solution with the search engine, I dont have the patience to read every post to find it. BTW I am extremely exited about the UH-1 (Bell 205) release!!! I have been looking for a really good one since FS2000. I found a few for FS9, but they all had some flaws. Bad rotor animations, and worse, bad sound packages. This one looks beautiful and I would gladly pay $100 or more for it. I fly H269 series helis in real life, but I have always been fascinated by the UH-1. I even have 'ride of the valkyries' as the ringtone on my phone! :rolleyes: