Bell 205 Huey

@ SeahawkBoy

Thats a complete different Chopper :-)

Bell 412. We are doing the 205 Model.

There are too many differences... The 4 Bladerotor allone, and the different performancedata... Even the 212 is too different.

Sorry

Joachim

Michael, nice to see some more of your scenery, are you going to share? ;)

What he said hehe! Looks great. I remember having the Chu Lai scenery in and all the small forward bases and reworking the textures to make it blend in a bit better but this looks great. I'd love to be able to use that in FSX! :D

Michael, nice to see some more of your scenery, are you going to share? ;)

Hi Nick, good to see you man, how's life?! Yeah, I had to take some time away from FS (family issues) and in the past couple of months got back in the saddle and started on some new FSX scenery, so....YES! :P

Funny, I have a couple hueys that work so-so in FSX, but I really miss/need a realistic VC environment and this might just be it, can't wait!

I'd love to do more than just the FBs for Nam, but it's hard finding good reference material. If I had a map of actual; bases and images it would add a lot, guess I'll keep looking.

The fire base in the images is between Pleiku and the Cambodian border.

Looks great Mathijs !

I know there are still a few flying around in the Swiss and French Alps, helping in putting ski lift masts and other large objects atop the mountains. Watched one work like that last Summer across the valley.

My favorites are the 'Nam heli's though..... I built quite a few scale models of them at the time....

Francois

LOL, I too built many a Huey UH-1 model (your comment brings back memories)! I am trying to get my son who is 9 years old into building models, but he is more interested in ANY game on the Wii or XBOX 360 :huh:

@ SeahawkBoy

Bell 412. We are doing the 205 Model.

There are to many differences... The 4 Bladerotor allone, and the different performancedata... Even the 212 is to different.

Sorry

Joachim

Ok, so only a model 205/UH-1D/H and not a 204/UH-1B/C etc. Oh well.... given the fact the B-model cabin/roof/cowling is different and performance data slightly different I guess my hopes were too high :(

I got good pictures from work on HEER Hueys on their way to winter training at Voss so there should be good chances for repaints at a later date. Gotta have this beauty.

Best

Michael

I need specifics..

Area / Units

From the sounds of it, I can get quite a bit of info for you. It just has to be dug through.

Or...

Are you wanting to see building styles, shapes, materials they are built with? I can get you lots of photos of stuff like that. As for U.S. Military type, that too.

Nice!...But I feel you're shooting yourself in the foot by making it FSX only. If you'd took the time in conducting a survey, you'll find that the majority of flightsim'er are FS9. Why handcuff yourself from that market?

Nice!...But I feel you're shooting yourself in the foot by making it FSX only. If you'd took the time in conducting a survey, you'll find that the majority of flightsim'er are FS9. Why handcuff yourself from that market?

Oh no, not this line of discussion again! :blink:

Rhino, this has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=18118

You may want to take a look for a better insight into Aerosoft's position on this topic ;)

Hi Dear Mathijs, I win the pool right haha? or to say precisely, I read your mind, right haha? I believe you know what I mean. when you collected advises for new craft in a new topic in forum, I check each suggestion from V-pilots everyday. once I felt disappointed, because I am the only one gave UH-1 and B-2 out. HaHa....... I am not trying to show off or brag, I am just feel so so so happy!!! I am lucky to follow your mind and get this Heli!!! Thank you so so much!!

UH-1s are one of my favorite Heli types. Among top ones!!!

Ha Ha thank you so much! I will wait to fly ...

if ok to say, roughly how long do I need to wait for this beautifully built Heli?

Thanks again

What is that I read between the lines? I'll have to check the other thread, but J. Schweigler has put the gliders on hold?!?!?!

Sacrilege!

Nothing aviation is more important than gliding... (J for Joke)

Attention all Huey fans - there is an amazing book called Chickenhawk written by Bob Mason which is a must read. Mason was a Huey pilot (slicks) in Vietnam and his book is an incredible and well written account of the war from a pilot's perspective.

There is a lot of detail in there which might be useful from a flight modelling point of view e.g. power is fed to the main rotor and also the tail rotor. When Mason needed maximum power (as was often the case) he let the aircraft yaw to the right (i.e. reduced power demand from tail rotor) so more power was available to the main rotor. I may have the detail slightly wrong, but it's right in essence! In any event, the book is a superb read.

I bought Whirlwind over Vietnam for the PC which was a massive disappointment - very buggy. I know FSX isn't really geared up for combat, but if Aerosoft could bring out a separate Vietnam missions package that actaully works, that would be the icing on the cake.

Mathijs, Charles or Joachim, or anyone charge on this; do you have beta testing team allready?

If not when it's gonna be made and how I could get in? Probably everyone else wants in too, so more important

thing here is to know in what stage of development you are in?

Anyway, waiting for Huey ;)

Yeah! Cool model!

Can you say anything about the System deepth?

Are there any engine faileures modelled?

..and by the way..if you need beta tester....HERE! ;-)

• Aerosoft
Mathijs, Charles or Joachim, or anyone charge on this; do you have beta testing team allready?

If not when it's gonna be made and how I could get in? Probably everyone else wants in too, so more important

thing here is to know in what stage of development you are in?

Anyway, waiting for Huey ;)

No beta yet, very early stages now.

• Aerosoft
Yeah! Cool model!

Can you say anything about the System deepth?

Are there any engine faileures modelled?

..and by the way..if you need beta tester....HERE! ;-)

For sure all standard FSX failures will be implemented, but this will be a project based more on modeling then on systems.

Great modeling work here, looks plain beautiful, that old chopper...!

I´d love to help with beta, too, I have some experience in that area, wanted to participate in the H-1 Beta, too, but I didn´t get selected....

I guess you started something there Valtteri!

Great modeling work here, looks plain beautiful, that old chopper...!

I´d love to help with beta, too, I have some experience in that area, wanted to participate in the H-1 Beta, too, but I didn´t get selected....

I guess you started something there Valtteri!

I bet every single person comes here to ask to join beta  :lol: