New Afcad File For Lppt

harpsi

Hi

As you know I decided to make a new afcad file due to some problems that are seen with the original one.

The new file is almost ready but I will make it available for all you. I just need to fill some more parking positions on it.

What has been changed?

- diamond technic used for almost all intersections

- parking spots: radius modified according to real life charts, except for some of them that for purpose simulations needed to be a little bit larger or smaller; some spots added for GA and military traffic as well

- gate assignements: some of the gates are coded like I saw the airport some years ago; I am expecting some information about this issue, which means that the file I will post here can always be improved into a better one

- backtracks on vacating runways: it was a problem and now this issue is solved; once the aircraft has passes the previous exit, it will continue to the next one and it won´t backtrack on that runway; conclusions: landings on rwy 03 should exit via HN, S1 or U5; landings on rwy 21 should exit via HS or P; landings on rwy 35 should exit via U3; if the aircraft lands 03 before HS then it will exit via HS; if the aircraft lands 21 before HN or S1 then it will exit by one of the two

- threshold 21 modified

- crosswind star system: runway 17/35 was renamed to 35/17 in order to build the star system; now you have runway 35 available for operations as well

*** Notes:

1. I decided to close runway 35/17 it for takeoff; the traffic at LPPT works like this: runway 35 is in use for landing on south configuration requested by the pilot or unless some special wind conditions are set (strong winds which make 03 and 21 difficult to land); some takeoff are also possible, however if I open the runway for takeoff, a lot of aircrafts will take off there which is not so real. The same happens with runway 17: it is never used for landing and just for some takeoffs. We can expect some portuguese airlines on runway 35 when in use for landings. It means something like 10 % of the landing traffic. I can say for example, that one day I was looking to airplanes, 4 of them were landing on this runway in about half an hour. If we have one landing every 2 minutes for example, it means a total traffic 15 landings, 4 of them to runway 35.

My suggestion is: let´s keep this to one afcad only: when north config is in use you must close runway 35/17 for both operations or just for landing if you want to see a lot of takeoffs there; when south config is in use, leave the runway open just for landings, otherwise you will see a lot of takeoffs there. If you leave the file like I will send it for you, then you may expect some landings on 17 as well which are not so real.

2. After 3 days of testing, you can expect landings on runway 35 for aircrafts coming from the following destinations: KEWR, KPHL, FQMA, LPFR, LEMG, LEZL, maybe more one or two which I haven´t seen yet. Unfortunately you will see 2 or 3 weird landings from the A 340 for example. Maybe we would need an approach bgl file from Jim Vile for LPPT like he did for a lot of sceneries, but since it is just because of 4 or 5 landings, perhaps we can live without that one.

3. I can also make two files, one of them with 35 opened for landings and shortened to prevent landings from big jets and another one with 17 just opened for take off and shortened as well, to avoid a lot of takeoff there two. Just feel free to ask them and I can make them available to you.

If you have suggestions, you are free to post them here.

harpsi

AF2_LPPT.zip

• Upvote 1

Hi all

By mistake I uploaded the wrong file with a shortened runway 35. You have now here a new file with a full lenght 35. Anyway for those who already downloaded the file, you can use it if you don´t want big jets at 35. The file is in my initial post. As soon as I have news about airline parkings, I will be back with a new file, unless you find something weird which needs to be corrected on that moment.

harpsi

Harpsi, if you like we could add the file to our support database, just let me know. Of course we'll make it up to you some way, your work is highly appreciated.

Hi Mathijs,

Tks for the offer. Of course I would like it, but let´s wait because I want to see also the comments here, as well as a list of airlines for parking specs I asked for at airsim.net. It seems that my messages there are difficult to be seen, maybe because they are in the middle of all the others. I will wait. :)

harpsi

Harpsi, outstanding job so far. The only thing I'm seeing is GA aircraft parking in airliner spots J01 an J06. GA is also parking in the cargo area where the DHL static aircraft it parked. The cargo area is not that big of a deal as long as GA doesn't use all the spots but the parking area might need a look as you'd never see a Cessna or a Kingair parked over there in the real world...

Again great job so far. If you didn't do anything else to this AFCAD I'd still be appreciative considering what we had before... :D

Harpsi, outstanding job so far. The only thing I'm seeing is GA aircraft parking in airliner spots J01 an J06. GA is also parking in the cargo area where the DHL static aircraft it parked. The cargo area is not that big of a deal as long as GA doesn't use all the spots but the parking area might need a look as you'd never see a Cessna or a Kingair parked over there in the real world...

Again great job so far. If you didn't do anything else to this AFCAD I'd still be appreciative considering what we had before... :D

Take the static aircrafts out. You already have a lot of traffic, why to leave statics? Maybe you can have more space in the airport. My GAs are using only D5 to D9. I don´t have any GA parked arround the airport. If you say that you have 10 GAs in the airport, well then tell me and I can make more positions for GAs in the next version. :lol: I hope you don´t have 50 GAs in the airport. GAs must go to the next door which is Cascais (LPCS). :lol::lol::lol:

harpsi

Does anyone know which gate US Airways uses (used?)?

I am waiting for that information but I have some feelings: :lol:

- A22 or A23

- J01 to J06

I don´t know why but I feel that they may park here. Maybe I am wrong. I will wait for the experts to fill all the airlines in the correct places in the afcad ;)

harpsi

I'm sorry but I've seen US Airways 757s in Appron Echo.

That would be my third feeling, but well, I have just feelings because I am waiting for some information about airline parkings and nobody can give me that information in any forum after a long period since the scenery is out...

harpsi

Take the static aircrafts out. You already have a lot of traffic, why to leave statics? Maybe you can have more space in the airport. My GAs are using only D5 to D9. I don´t have any GA parked arround the airport. If you say that you have 10 GAs in the airport, well then tell me and I can make more positions for GAs in the next version. :lol: I hope you don´t have 50 GAs in the airport. GAs must go to the next door which is Cascais (LPCS). :lol::lol::lol:

harpsi

Harpsi I like the static aircraft (sorry it took so long for me to respond, I've been very busy lately). I was hoping you could close the spots down that have static aircraft already parked. This is especially true with the lone DHL plane in the cargo area. As far as GA aircraft go I've only seen them parked at the parking spots I mentioned above. If you close those spots down to GA I'm sure this issue will correct itself. I could only imagine two more additional GA spots to accommodate these aircraft else ware around the airport. Frankly I'm not sure how you get GA to stop parking in the wrong spots. I see many AFCAD designers have a problem with this as they either don't have allot of GA in their setup or they struggle with how to resolve this issue. Either way it would be nice if you can address the GA issue and if not you did a great job anyway. I like the Afcad overall in this version if nothing else... :D

Harpsi I like the static aircraft (sorry it took so long for me to respond, I've been very busy lately). I was hoping you could close the spots down that have static aircraft already parked. This is especially true with the lone DHL plane in the cargo area. As far as GA aircraft go I've only seen them parked at the parking spots I mentioned above. If you close those spots down to GA I'm sure this issue will correct itself. I could only imagine two more additional GA spots to accommodate these aircraft else ware around the airport. Frankly I'm not sure how you get GA to stop parking in the wrong spots. I see many AFCAD designers have a problem with this as they either don't have allot of GA in their setup or they struggle with how to resolve this issue. Either way it would be nice if you can address the GA issue and if not you did a great job anyway. I like the Afcad overall in this version if nothing else... :D

Are you sure about the file you are using at the moment? Because sometimes I have 5 GA aircrafts in the airport and all of them are parked in the D area. How many GAs do you have normally? Lisbon is not an airport with a lof of GAs... Where did you get the schedules and which schedules?

harpsi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I decided to make a little video with some pictures of LPPT. The scenery in use is Aerosoft´s Lisbon 2008 and the AI aircrafts are the ones we know better, like Evolve AI, DJC, FS Painter, CDAI, Project AI and so on...

The parking positions of all aircrafts are set according to my afcad, which is available for download in the first post of this thread. :)

The name of the video is "tails". A lot of tails are shown. I hope you enjoy it. :)

harpsi