Synchro-soft - Twin Otter Soundset

• Aerosoft

As far as I can hear the sound is certainly not better then the set we have now included (certainly as it seems to be the sound from the cabin rather than the cockpit). I also doubt it uses the new FSX cones features, because if it would I think it should be a major selling point and would be mentioned on the product pages. To get it perfect you would also have to tweak sounds to get them perfect with the animation, for example flaps extension animation must be equal to the sound sample. That's hard to get if the animation and model don't come from the same developers.

Just personal opinion here as I haven't tried and won't try that addon soundset, but. . .

I do know what a Twin Otter sounds like, having flown a couple of thousand hours in the real one. Of all the planes I fly in FSX, the TSS soundset that comes with the Aerosoft Twin Otter is the closest to real of any of them, particularly with the tweaks added in the updates after 1.0. I can't imagine how anybody could do a better soundset than the one it already has.

cheers,

steve ;)

• Aerosoft
Just personal opinion here as I haven't tried and won't try that addon soundset, but. . .

I do know what a Twin Otter sounds like, having flown a couple of thousand hours in the real one. Of all the planes I fly in FSX, the TSS soundset that comes with the Aerosoft Twin Otter is the closest to real of any of them, particularly with the tweaks added in the updates after 1.0. I can't imagine how anybody could do a better soundset than the one it already has.

cheers,

steve ;)

And after all those hours, does it remain as annoying as the first time you hear it? Of any plane I have flown in the Twin Otter was the only one I could not stand the sound off. Is that me?

Nah, not to me, Mathijs. :rolleyes: About half of all my time is in PT-6 powered stuff, so it's pretty normal to me.

Of course, we've always got headsets on, so the sound is more muted. For sure the Otter is extremely noisy in the passenger section, whereas a King Air with the same engine is nice and quiet in the back. Overall, though, I like the deep pitch much more than the higer pitch sound of the Garrett engined turboprops like the C-441 and Turbo Commander--they have the sound I dislike.

cheers,

steve ;)