Aircraft Mistakenly Begins Descent Phase

Hi all,

First off, I'm loving the new 64-bit buses - keep up the great work!

I use Pro-ATC/X for ATC.  Occasionally I'll ask for a flight level change depending on the prevailing winds aloft.  When I'm cleared, I dial in the new altitude and press the ALT knob on the FCU.  The problem is when I descend by maybe 1000 feet while TOD is displayed on the ND the aircraft thinks I'm starting descent phase, the TOD indicator is removed and I never get any more check-lists (descent preparation, approach etc.). Is this behaviour correct and should I be using V/S to change flight level in cruise?

Thanks,

Dave.

If you would please provide me with some more information, or take a video and upload to YouTube with a link.  Information needed.

When you descend how far are you from the TOD?

What mode did you engage to descend and what mode was active when you engaged that mode?

precisely what was the FMA readings before you began descent and what was the FMA reading when you initiated the descent.  Were you always below the predicted path or did you catch it and what was the FMA when you did?

all details important video perfect.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This a flight level change and not a descent as you are describing it in your message. Did you enter the new  "cruise level" into the MCDU (INIT A page) before starting to descend? The same you would do in case of a higher flight level......! Try again and report what happens then........

Thanks all.  I will try to receate the scenario using the steps below and report back.

1) Insert the new CRZ FL into the PROG page;

2) Set new CRZ FL on the FCU;
3) Select V/S -500 or -700 and pull the VS knob;

Have agreat weekend.

Dave.

Archived