PFPX and QualityWings 787

Hi all

I am running Prepar3dv4 and PMDG 747-400. All my flight plans that were created were exported to the prepar3d/pmdg/flight plans folder, in .RTE format. Also a text file flight plan was sent to this folder. At the same time I exported the same flight plan in .pln format

so that Active sky for Prepar3d and Pro/ATC-X could use the same flight plan. I have just installed QualityWings 787 for Prepar3d. However if I just copy all the current .RTE plan files to the prepar3d/Qualitywings/QW787/Flight plans folder. The CDU(FMC) on the aircraft recognizes the flight plans,

and the data base is visible. However when it is entered as a company route, it will not infill the waypoints for the flightplan. I have been informed I must export these flight plans from PFPX directly to the qualitywings folder. PFPX should then send the correct working format to the qualitywings folder,

which should then work when entering the data into the CDU. I have about 100 flight plans. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to import these PMDG .RTE flight plans back into PFPX (in a folder, or individually) and then re export them back to the Prepar3d/Qualitywings/QW787/flight plans folder.

I have already created the correct path to the folder in PFPX. I tried creating a new flight plan and exported it, and it seemed to work. However I wish to do this for all my existing flight plans, and I don't want to have to recreate them all over again, for the new aircraft. I need to keep these flight plans

because all the departure and arrival gates, have all been modified with twin jetways for GSX and the 747, and all the flight plans are used in Pro/ATC-X, and Navigraph flight charts, so everything has to match up. I don't know how to import existing flight plans into PFPX, only export. There is an existing list of default flight plans in PFPX, however I am not sure how to add to this list, and I don't want to mix up all my current plans with this list, as there are about 2,500 of them. What is the quickest and easiest way to perform this task?

Regards  Paul

Hello Paul,

You cannot import .rte files back into PFPX.

Did you export any other formats from PFPX that would give the route string eg. Squawkbox ?

If not you could export the routes from ProATC in Squawkbox format and then use a text editor to open and copy/paste to the PFPX route editor. Then save them.

Should you not have any saved routes in PFPX and you do not use those installed by default you may wish to the delete them first.

Archived