Backup the liveries when installing an update.

mtlt

Hello

i see in a topic: use the livery manager to save yours liveries. It is said save the liveries and the liveries entries. What it means ? When i open the aircraft.cfg i see the FTLSIM 0 to X, okey.When i use the backup in the livery manager there is one folder : texture, and a file reame.txt with a FTLSIM X. What difference between liveries and liveries entries ?

Is it necessary to reinstall the both : texture in the folder of the airplane and the FTLSIM X in the aircraft.cfg ?

Thank for a reply.

Michel.

• Aerosoft
On 11/16/2018 at 10:59 PM, mtlt said:

Hello

i see in a topic: use the livery manager to save yours liveries. It is said save the liveries and the liveries entries. What it means ? When i open the aircraft.cfg i see the FTLSIM 0 to X, okey.When i use the backup in the livery manager there is one folder : texture, and a file reame.txt with a FTLSIM X. What difference between liveries and liveries entries ?

Is it necessary to reinstall the both : texture in the folder of the airplane and the FTLSIM X in the aircraft.cfg ?

Thank for a reply.

Michel.

The tool should all handle that for you. Does it not function on your system?

Hello Mathils,

the backup liveries function correctly, i believe : it saves  textures.xxx witch is installed in the aircraft folder (ex: aerosoft A318 CFM professinal)) and the liverie entry which is founded in the aircraft.cfg. I have saved and pasted without problems the lliverie entrie [FLTSIM X] in the aircraft.cfg, but what about the differents textures ? I think that it is not necessary to past them in the aircraft folder ?

Michel.

Archived