My first CTD with the Airbus Professional :(

Meyerflyer

Hello,

after conducting about 25-30 flights without any crash or CTD with the Airbus Professional, I had my first CTD at the first flight with 1.2.1.4. :( Can this be a fortune? I read, that in 1.2.1.4 are some fixes included that should avoid CTDs. Could it be possible, that this update introduces new CTDs?

Until now I was thinking, that the time of sim crashes is over and I now have fear it happens again more often.

What can I do now? Can someone help me trying to figure out what happened?

I was on approach over Stockholm, at about FL120 with nothing special happening. I was not pushing any buttons or something, just descending on autopilot. Then P3D crashed to desktop within one second, no error occured.

Thanks for any help.

As I said, there was no error displayed. P3D quit within one second and I was thrown onto the desktop. Even AS4 said "Prepar3D connected" after the crash. I can get any log you need, but you'd have to tell me where to find it.

I even searched the Windows event log, but did not find any helpful information.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check the Windows Eventviewer (Ereignisanzeige) for an entry at the time of the crash und post the content:

Please login to display this image.

7 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

Okay. That's exactly what I meant, when I said " Windows event log ", so I couldn't find anything there, but I will re-check this in the evening.

Understand my friend.  These types of CTDs often have nothing to do with an addon, or even P3D.  If the problem is repeatable it's possible it could be a third party livery, though it could easily be Dot Net related, or something entirely else.  The AVSIM CTD Guide is a great place to start if you're able to reproduce this (with a different livery).

Best wishes!

vor 11 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Please check the Windows Eventviewer (Ereignisanzeige) for an entry at the time of the crash und post the content:

So I just checked the Windows Event Viewer and there is no Application Error at the time of the CTD, which was at about 23:15. The only error that ocurred was at the time of the sim start (about 20:55) with TrackIR. But I guess, an error with TrackIR, more than two hours before the CTD cannot be related to the CTD. Or am I wrong?

34 minutes ago, MikaV said:

Well I have a one too. But this happening version 1.2.1.2 I believe? 

I believe we are up to 1.2.1.4, can you update and see if the issue is resolved?

Also, did you happen to be pressing any buttons when you got the CTD?

13 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I believe we are up to 1.2.1.4, can you update and see if the issue is resolved?

Also, did you happen to be pressing any buttons when you got the CTD?

Of course I update always after release. But this happen in version 1.2.1.2. I now make it 50 flights (Ivao or Vatsim) and only one CTD, and one situation when fuel is vanish, and engines stop running. So I have a good situation, If you asked :D

I think I don't push any buttons when this happen, but not really sure.

Archived