Publish change logs for AS sceneries?

Querer

Hi there,

I just received another eMail from Simmarket telling me that EDDK has an update ready, this time with the hint that it is a full replacement for the previous version. As such, I guess it is not the V1.2, but something else. Would it be possible to publish change logs in future here in the forums or at least tell Simmarket the version numbering? If you do not visit the eMail inbox on a daily basis, those Simmarket-mails without version numbering are somewhat confusing.

Just an idea,

Regards

Chris

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 9 Minuten, Querer sagte:

Would it be possible to publish change logs in future here in the forums

All Updates are published here including change logs
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/88-new-releases-and-updates/

Additionally you find in each product folder a readme file which also contains a changelog (all versions) for future reference.

And I'm sure that Simmarket got the correct infomations regarding the release numbers.

When talking about the newest products you can update them via the ASUpdater, untill the announcment tells you to download the complete installer like it was with Bergamo.

Ok, missed that one, thanks for the heads up.

Regarding the second point: I am sure Simmarket got the correct Information, but obviously they do not pass this in a meaningful way to the customers... I received an email from Simmarket regarding an EDDK update on Mo., 12. Nov., 15:49, telling me that there is an update for AS EDDK available. This was the text:

"Dear simMarket Customer,
at simMarket you can now find a new version of your product:

AEROSOFT - COLOGNE-BONN PROFESSIONAL P3D4

You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

AS_COLOGNE-BONN-PROFESSIONAL_P3DV4.zip
AS_EDDK-SODE-JETWAYS.zip

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,
existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

Changelog:

- Fixed incorrect texture formats
- Adjusted stand radius
- Adjusted glide slope touchdown locations
- Fixed incorrect ground markings for stand C 06
- Adjusted SODE jetway ranges
- Added missing night textures for UPS terminal
- Updated optional SODE download

Should you have any questions please contact us via http://support.simmarket.com

For technical support please contact the support addresses listed in the documentation for the respective product.
The support addresses are also listed in the respective product description pages in our shop.

Best Regards,
The simMarket Team"

As you can see, not a single hint on the version number. Not in the mail, not on the .zip file. Then, today, I got the following eMail from Simmarket:

"Dear simMarket Customer,
at simMarket you can now find a new version of your product:

AEROSOFT - COLOGNE-BONN PROFESSIONAL P3D4

You will find the link to download this update from your user account -> orders listing -> respective detailed order page on the bottom.

AS_COLOGNE-BONN-PROFESSIONAL_P3DV4.zip
AS_EDDK-SODE-JETWAYS.zip

The installer is a complete replacement for previous versions,
existing customers just need to remove the old version and install the new one.

Changelog:

- Adjusted taxiway layout around stand C02 & C03 to prevent incorrect GSX pushback.
- Removed border artifacts on tiled normal maps when lower texture resolution settings are selected.
- Optional SODE download updated

Should you have any questions please contact us via http://support.simmarket.com

For technical support please contact the support addresses listed in the documentation for the respective product.
The support addresses are also listed in the respective product description pages in our shop.

Best Regards,
The simMarket Team
"

Again, no version numbering, not the same change log and again the hint that it is a full replacement.

Do you now understand my confusion?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Chris, yes, I understand, but that is something Aerosoft has no influence. I suggest to do the following:
subscribe/follow the liink I posted. Then you get notified when there is a new release. Also run the ASUpdater regularly. Sometimes the updates are faster on the server then the announcemnt can be made.

We thought about a functionality in the Updater to notify you of pending update. But this would require a service running on your machine constanly polling the update server and we decided that this is not a good idea. ;)

Fair enough, I will do it as you suggested.

BTW: I now re-downloaded the SODE zip file from Simmarket and now inside the zip file, there are two folders, one called "Aerosoft - EDDK - SODE jetways (v1.03)", the other one "Aerosoft - EDDK - SODE jetways (v1.04)". Which one do I have to use now for the 1.0.3.0 update? The Aerosoft - EDDK - SODE jetways (v1.03) I guess, but why is there another version inside the zip file?

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH no idea what they did. In the zip file I downloaded from Aerosoft is only one SODE folder. Exactly as described in the readme.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As said, sometimes the ASUpdater is faster ;) and you can check the readme in the addon folder which tells you this:

HISTORY

1.0.0.0 Release Version P3D V4.x
1.0.1.0    - Adjusted runway tire mark texture.
    - Fixed incorrect Taxiway designation sign A3.
    - Fixed incorrect ILS frequency RWY32R.
    - Added missing information text in configuration tool.
    - Updated optional SODE download with correct ILS frequency (RWY32R).
1.0.2.0    - Fixed incorrect texture formats.
    - Adjusted stand radius.
    - Adjusted glide slope touchdown locations.
    - Fixed incorrect ground markings for stand C 06.
    - Adjusted SODE jetway ranges.
    - Added missing night textures for UPS terminal.
1.0.2.5    DVD Release version
1.0.3.0    - Adjusted taxiway layout around stand C02 & C03 to prevent incorrect GSX pushback.
    - Removed border artifacts on tiled normal maps when lower texture resolution settings are selected.

Archived