Airbus has... disappeared.

mspencer

Hi, bit of an odd issue here.

Using the most updated Airbus version. Appears that the Airbus has entirely disappeared  from the sim. There's no A318,19,20,21 aircraft showing in the aircraft selection screen, and the Addons tab of P3D V4.3 still shows it enabled.

Is there something I am missing here? No issues with mismatches of MDL files, or AIR files, the CFG files look okay and not like they have been broken by something. I checked Prepar3D.cfg and there was no SimObjects entry for the Airbus in the separate folders, but I don't think that is required anymore, correct me if I am wrong.

Please helpppp. Thanks :)

I'm sorry to hear you've experience a problem, especially like this!

When you ran the ASUpdater, did you run it as Admin?

Also, do you have P3D and the Airbus installed in the default location?  If not, this may be your issue, and you may have to manually change the path to the aircraft in the Add-ons.cfg file located in either your ProgramData folder or Roaming folder.  Either way, it's good to check the path there.

Worst comes to worst, you could uninstall the Airbus, remove any remaining folders, reboot, and reinstall the aircraft, then load it in P3D, then reboot and then run the ASUpdater "As Admin".  Believe it or not, this entire process takes only about 15 minutes.  You may also consider re-downloading the aircraft before reinstalling.

Let us know how you make out?

ASUpdater would not run because of a KERNELBASE.dll error causing the program to terminate before it launched.

Turns out.... this was the canary in the coal mine. In attempting to fix a .NET framework issue, my whole Windows install failed. The .NET behavior started after reinstalling FS2Crew for another product, and running one of the .NET setup files bundled with the installer. Not really FS2Crew's fault, as the installer had been built years ago.

I guess the lesson here is just being extra cautious about installing old runtimes and frameworks these days when Windows 10 has all of these things built into the base product.

Off I go to reinstall everything and start from scratch...

40 minutes ago, mspencer said:

ASUpdater would not run because of a KERNELBASE.dll error causing the program to terminate before it launched.

Turns out.... this was the canary in the coal mine. In attempting to fix a .NET framework issue, my whole Windows install failed. The .NET behavior started after reinstalling FS2Crew for another product, and running one of the .NET setup files bundled with the installer. Not really FS2Crew's fault, as the installer had been built years ago.

I guess the lesson here is just being extra cautious about installing old runtimes and frameworks these days when Windows 10 has all of these things built into the base product.

Off I go to reinstall everything and start from scratch...

Oh man, I feel your pain my friend! 

Back with the first large Windows 10 Fall Update (two years ago I think, maybe three) I was 48 hours until the Flight Sim Web Conference I host each year (except for this year), and the update nuked my system!  I spent 24 hours trying to fix it, and then shifted to a reinstall of EVERYTHING, including all the movie/video and streaming software.  I lost almost all the video and graphics for the Web Conference, but I managed to quickly make some (not nearly as good) replacements.  By the time the Flight Sim Web Conference started I had been up for 55 hours straight!  After the conference I had to host a dinner party the wife had set up weeks before, and I actually fell asleep standing up while having a conversation with one of the couples.

Anyway, the only good part of having to reinstall everything is that it works FANTASTIC!

Archived