Engine only goes in reverse or idle

TKA

So i bought the a318/19 and a320/21 and in the begining everything worked fine but now i can't put the throttle to TO/GA or FLX only in Reverse. Sometimes i am able to put get power after i have put the throttle in reverse. Is anyone experiencing this issue or knows what could be causing it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

For throttle/thrust lever issues, and assuming you have the Professional versoin, have you used the calibration method shown in Volume 7 of the included manual?

Also, you posted in the general aircraft support section, rather than the dedicated ones for the A318/A319/A320/A321 Pro or the one for the 32 bit Airbusses. Please reply with which product you're asking about and also your sim version so I can move this for you to the appropriate section.

Thank you for your response Herman. I Have tried to calibrate and it doesn't fix the problem. I am using the steam edition of both the FSX and the Planes. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the update, TKA. I'll move this over to the 16 bit Airbus forum and hope you get some advice there. I don't have the product and so can't do much more for you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Based on other experience, there are a couple of things I can suggest for you to look at:

• Do you have this problem with any other aircraft (add-ons and/or stock)?
  • Check your assignments in the sim for all your controllers (even rudder pedals s if you have them) to see if anything is assigned to "F2" which is the usual reverse command).
  • Are you using FSUIPC? If so, it's not needed for the Airbus, so try deleting the profile for the airbus in FSUIPC.ini (it's in the modules folder in FSX). It's listed under the "[Profile.xxx]" section of the .ini file where "xxx" is the name you assigned to the profile while in FSUIPC. If so, be sure to back up the file first by adding something like ".backup" after the filename and also be sure you delete all the sections under your Airbus profile. Then reboot and give it a try.

Archived