Joan Alonso

GSX Automatic Door Handling

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share this here, @Mathijs Kok @DaveCT2003

I made an xml gauge to let GSX handle the doors and services automatically. I was bored of handling doors myself every time, in fact pilots have no role in it so I always found it an immersion breaker opening them via MCDU or even buttons or keys with every aircraft I had in FSX or P3D. I always wanted the ground crew to worry about ground handling since I own GSX.  So I found an easy way to let GSX interact with the bus. Thanks to Lvars and a few lines of xml code. I might add that this could be implemented via Lua plugin as LINDA did with GSX Library for other aircraft. It would be the best option (cleaner) since it does not edit files within the ecosystem of the aircraft, but I prefer xml. So if you know what you’re doing and how to revert back to originals (in fact just panel.cfg is modified) try it and enjoy.

GSX crew will handle every door opening when needed and will close them when you call for pushback/departure. Service doors will close automatically when Catering service (if called) is finished.

- FWD and AFT Passenger doors (BOARDING & DEBOARDING)

- FWD and AFT Cargo doors (BOARDING & DEBOARDING)

- FWD and AFT Service doors (CATERING)

- External Power (JETWAY AND RAMP)

I also included an External Power trigger, wathever comes first or available of this two premises:

1. If a SODE jetway with Ground Power is available (you’ll need GSX2) Ext.Power will be connected when jetway connects to aircraft.

or/and

2. If no jetway is available Ground Crew will connect Ext.Power few seconds after calling for boarding or deboarding (I programmed a delay trying to simulate the time it would take for the ground crew after you put beacon light off and call for the service. It’s actually programmed via FWD cargo door opened completely).

Install:

1- Add this line to your panel.cfg at the bottom of [VCockpit02] section:

gaugexx=../../Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!GSX_Doors,0,0,1,1

(Replace xx by the corresponding gauge number -69 by default-)

2- Download and copy GSX_Doors.xml to AB_Systems folder:

Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems

Known limitations:

- GSX will only open closed doors when the call is triggered. It will not reopen a door closed while in a service.

- Time acceleration can mess up and overlap triggering, so do not use it when vehicles are about to start the service.

The base code works well after testing, but there could be unknown bugs for me. I tested it on A320, can not say with the rest of the family, but it should work the same way.

I believe it would be useful for many people. It does not need any special knowledge but you must be careful when editing original files. I'm not part of Aerosoft, I won't offer support to it, further than updating it if I see it necessary for my personal use. So make a back up of the originals and be careful when editing.

I’m not an expert programmer, I’m sure the code can be polished and improved, so feel free to modify it and share it with Aerosoft community!

Cheers!

• Upvote 2