GSX Automatic Door Handling

Joan Alonso

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share this here, @Mathijs Kok @DaveCT2003

I made an xml gauge to let GSX handle the doors and services automatically. I was bored of handling doors myself every time, in fact pilots have no role in it so I always found it an immersion breaker opening them via MCDU or even buttons or keys with every aircraft I had in FSX or P3D. I always wanted the ground crew to worry about ground handling since I own GSX.  So I found an easy way to let GSX interact with the bus. Thanks to Lvars and a few lines of xml code. I might add that this could be implemented via Lua plugin as LINDA did with GSX Library for other aircraft. It would be the best option (cleaner) since it does not edit files within the ecosystem of the aircraft, but I prefer xml. So if you know what you’re doing and how to revert back to originals (in fact just panel.cfg is modified) try it and enjoy.

GSX crew will handle every door opening when needed and will close them when you call for pushback/departure. Service doors will close automatically when Catering service (if called) is finished.

- FWD and AFT Passenger doors (BOARDING & DEBOARDING)

- FWD and AFT Cargo doors (BOARDING & DEBOARDING)

- FWD and AFT Service doors (CATERING)

- External Power (JETWAY AND RAMP)

I also included an External Power trigger, wathever comes first or available of this two premises:

1. If a SODE jetway with Ground Power is available (you’ll need GSX2) Ext.Power will be connected when jetway connects to aircraft.

or/and

2. If no jetway is available Ground Crew will connect Ext.Power few seconds after calling for boarding or deboarding (I programmed a delay trying to simulate the time it would take for the ground crew after you put beacon light off and call for the service. It’s actually programmed via FWD cargo door opened completely).

Install:

1- Add this line to your panel.cfg at the bottom of [VCockpit02] section:

gaugexx=../../Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/AB_Systems!GSX_Doors,0,0,1,1

(Replace xx by the corresponding gauge number -69 by default-)

2- Download and copy GSX_Doors.xml to AB_Systems folder:

Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems

Known limitations:

- GSX will only open closed doors when the call is triggered. It will not reopen a door closed while in a service.

- Time acceleration can mess up and overlap triggering, so do not use it when vehicles are about to start the service.

The base code works well after testing, but there could be unknown bugs for me. I tested it on A320, can not say with the rest of the family, but it should work the same way.

I believe it would be useful for many people. It does not need any special knowledge but you must be careful when editing original files. I'm not part of Aerosoft, I won't offer support to it, further than updating it if I see it necessary for my personal use. So make a back up of the originals and be careful when editing.

I’m not an expert programmer, I’m sure the code can be polished and improved, so feel free to modify it and share it with Aerosoft community!

Cheers!

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Would this cause any issues when GSX is not used?

Theoretically it shouldn't. All the premises require the GSX toggle trigger to work.

With GSX disabled or not in use I'm able to operate doors normally. What messes up the script is operating the doors manually while GSX is working because conditions overlap.

But as I said, a look from an expert programmer maybe would settle the script in case of possible interference between the bus and GSX.

Great. The values and data are in GSX documentation, easy to implement but not so easy for me to clear possible conflicts with variables/conditions. I'm sure he can do better than me finding conflicts and rewriting it. At least there's a base script to work with.

Thanks!

I had a quick run through this new GSX/Aerosft Airbus link today.

One word, brilliant!

Thank you to the developer for both creating and allowing Aerosoft to bundle it up in an update.

At first I thought something wasn't working then realised that the function engages when the loaders are at the side of the aircraft or the stairs/jetway are engaged or the caterers arrive at the side of the aircraft. More realism. :D

15 hours ago, waltervizzi said:

Hello , today i tried new function for open door , but gsx keep it going open exit 2  (front right) but not open automatically 

for resolve ?

i use gsx normal not  gsx 2

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Front right door is opened instead of front left? I can only tell you to reset the Aircraft configuration within GSX menu. That will reset the Doors LVars to default.

Here is an update of GSX_Doors.xml.

The Ext.Power wouldn't disconnect until font cargo door was closed. Now I changed it to only connect when Boarding or Deboarding services are called. Now you'll be able to disconnect Ext.Power when GSX is not calling for the service anymore.

It will be less intrusive for those who do not use GSX and want to manage GND Services themselves.

With it, the Ext.Power won't wait for the jetway to be connected at gate. I'll try to exclude Gates with a jetway to bypass this premise.

Copy and replace this one to Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base\Panel_Fallback\AB_Systems

or just wait for the next update if Aerosoft include it in the next build.

GSX_Doors.xml

the annoying thing is that when you finish boarding and maybe you waste time starting the pushback caused by other traffics or from ivao gsx continues to play asking you insistently to close the doors, you could not close the doors immediately after boarding?

26 minutes ago, waltervizzi said:

the annoying thing is that when you finish boarding and maybe you waste time starting the pushback caused by other traffics or from ivao gsx continues to play asking you insistently to close the doors, you could not close the doors immediately after boarding?

So when GSX asks to close the doors you just have to call for pushback and GSX will close all the doors automatically for you. You just have to interact with the GSX window, if what it annoys you is the GSX bar asking to close the doors you can use it as a reminder that boarding has finished and call for pushback.

Sure, the code can be improved to interact even better with GSX but there are variables that would cancel each other. It's not so easy to tell GSX to do something when something happens without avoiding other variables and keeping user control. Hope you understand.

13 minutes ago, Joan Alonso said:

So when GSX asks to close the doors you just have to call for pushback and GSX will close all the doors automatically for you. You just have to interact with the GSX window, if what it annoys you is the GSX bar asking to close the doors you can use it as a reminder that boarding has finished and call for pushback.

Sure, the code can be improved to interact even better with GSX but there are variables that would cancel each other. It's not so easy to tell GSX to do something when something happens without avoiding other variables and keeping user control. Hope you understand.

I think that waltervizzi referred to those situations when you have finished the boarding but you are not clear to pushback. This happens often on Ivao or Vatsim because there are other aircrafts moving. So Gsx continues to play that "ding" alert inviting you to close the doors, very annoying.

1 hour ago, waltervizzi said:

Ok

59 minutes ago, klisura said:

I think that waltervizzi referred to those situations when you have finished the boarding but you are not clear to pushback. This happens often on Ivao or Vatsim because there are other aircrafts moving. So Gsx continues to play that "ding" alert inviting you to close the doors, very annoying.

Ok. Apologies, I didn't know that Ivao and Vatsim worked that way. So, if I understand correct you can not prepare for pushback and wait until clearance? The aircraft won't start moving until telling GSX what direction to pushback, and the doors will close before that, so you can call for pushback with no further action and the doors will close. As soon as you get the clearance you can resume the pushback.

For now, this gauge does automatically all GSX doors stuff. As I said, I'm sure this kind of things can be avoided/bypassed so that it works for everyone, but it is difficult to take into account all possible variables and modes.

4 minutes ago, Joan Alonso said:

Ok. Apologies, I didn't know that Ivao and Vatsim worked that way. So, if I understand correct you can not prepare for pushback and wait until clearance? The aircraft won't start moving until telling GSX what direction to pushback, and the doors will close before that, so you can call for pushback with no further action and the doors will close. As soon as you get the clearance you can resume the pushback.

For now, this gauge does automatically all GSX doors stuff. As I said, I'm sure this kind of things can be avoided/bypassed so that it works for everyone, but it is difficult to take into account all possible variables and modes.

Ok that could be a valid workaround ;-)

I received a notification from FSDT that GSX2 has been updated with a new "Autopilot" feature that is supposed to handle many actions automatically.

To what degree does this impact on the recent Aerosoft experimental update and GSX_Doors ? 

<quote>

GSX Update

GSX has been updated, adding a new feature that has been requested by our users: the Autopilot mode. In Autopilot mode, GSX can be set to perform all Boarding/Deboarding services automatically, without user intervention. See the "Assistance Services Auto Mode" option in the Simulation Settings.

</quote>

I report 2 bugs since the last A320 & GSX update:

1. If  "estimate passengers number" in GSX settings menu is unchecked now it asks no more to insert the number of passengers manually 

2. GSX Refueling System after positioning fuel track beside the aircraft asks to use the aircraft refuel system to start refueling. No actions on the A320 fuel panel (MCDU3) triggers refueling, so GSX  keeps on asking for aircraft refueling system

38 minutes ago, klisura said:

To try without door tweak do I have to remove only Gsx_doors.xml?

In that way I can understand whose fault it is 

Nope, you'll get a CTD deleting an xml. I'm pretty sure that the xml does not have anything to do with this, there is no reference to any of those variables you pointed out.

If you still want to check it, put a double slash before the gauge in panel.cfg.

By the way, if you look at GSX forum you'll see other people with the same problem with other aircraft.

Archived