LIME bright buildings at night

ComSimPilot

Hi,

I am sure there was also another topic for that but for some reason I can't find it. So I post again this problem that I also see. The buildings especially in the vicinity after the cargo area are lit up at night without any light source illuminating at them. What is unrealistic is tha they are lit up uniformily so it should be a texture problem. In the night the only lights visible should be from the windows where there is light or from external spot lights lighting in specific areas. The walls and roofs should not have any uniform lighting. Please fix this because it makes night flying very un-immersive. I attach a picture:

Please login to display this image.

Thank you. This is what I have seen and this is why I couldn't find where I saw it, its in German. However I don't understand German. Could the developer give a reply in the English forums so everyone can understand? From google translate I get that the reply of Oliver is that its a function of HDR? This is obviously a bug that needs to be addressed because the main terminal buildings are more dark. The result should be more realistic using HDR and not the opposite.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is obviously not a bug, but the result of using shadertweaks + HDR + wrong settings for both. This problem is as old as LM introduced the HDR option in P3D; and this implementation is quite poor.

Best is to make yourself familiar with HDR (in general) to understand how it works and what it does. One can not expalin this in a few words, as it is quite complex. Serious photographers know what I mean.

vor 20 Minuten, ComSimPilot sagte:

The result should be more realistic using HDR and not the opposite.

The result should best fit to default settings, nothing else.

Sorry but your attitude is way too harsh. I use default settings. Who said that HDR not default settings? Prepar3D comes with HDR enabled by default, its not an experimental thing. You are telling me that the image above is a realistic represnetation of buildings at night and that's the best that Prepar3D v4.3 HDR can do ? You label your product 'Professional'. Sorry but the "HDR" answer is not believable. I also bought Aerosoft's EDDK and the buildings at night is nothing like this. The buildings are dark and only windows are lit or walls which are illuminated with lights. Just see at the preview night screenshots of EDDK. Or, much easier..look behind of these buildings. At the autogen buildings. They are made on the same Prepar3D engine, on the same "shadertweak+HDR" environment and they look as they should.They don't look with lit walls and roofs !

If this is not a bug and is not intented to be fixed, its good that you let me know as I am going to ask for a refund.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto is simply telling you the cause of this effect is poorly implemented by LM HDR, incorrect HDR or shader settings, or any combination. It’s a factual statement and not rude. The issue referred to in the German language section is not a scenery fault but a settings issue.

I don’t have the LIME scenery, so can’t validate if what you’re seeing is present with default settings. If you would reply with the specific location or post a screenshot with the lat/long showing, someone with the scenery and untweaked setting could check it out.

I'm sorry Mr. Herman but I disagree with you. What Otto is telling me is not factual. It is known that all simulations have limitations but developers know these and should make their products so they behave correctly. In this case, make the textures darker, much darker. I have many airports and I haven't seen this effect. I gave you specific answers but you choose not to answer these. I repeat:

1) f the HDR was 'poorly implemented by LM', why the Prepar3D autogen does not behave like that? Just look at the image I posted above. Look at the buildings of the scenery and then look behind, at the autogen. Is it LM to blame for your buildings appearance ?
2) If the HDR was 'poorly implemented by LM', why this does not happen to other addons like the recently released EDDK?

I have default shaders and default settings. Here is a screen of the lant/long location of these buildings, but many others too have similar problems around the scenery.

Please login to display this image.

As Aerosoft is considered a serious publisher, I expect a proper reply of this being a bug and is not acceptable for a professional level scenery for Prepar3D v4. There are plenty examples of Aerosoft sceneries and other publishers that this does not happen, so please don't give me an HDR excuse because your product's textures are made poorly.

• Developer

I will forward this to the developer, so he can have a look into it and reduce the brightness of the nighttexture for the next update.

43 minutes ago, marcon8122 said:

Hi sorry if I reply only now I'll check the area and we will fix as soon as possible with next update. 

Regards

Thank you very much Marcon. This is the kind of support that I expect from a quality developer :)

• OPabst locked this topic

Archived