Airbus A3xx won't move under power?

alsummers

Hello all,

I'm facing an issue with Airbus in my FSX:SE installation.

Purchased the A318/19 last year, and used it without issue for several months.  Built a new system last December, and have only just got round to re-installing the Airbus.

For reasons unknown, this time round its providing some issues.  Throttles weren't working initially, but I sorted that out following the documentation.

Current issue is that the aircraft is stuck to the spot!  At low power settings, the wheels turn in odd jerks, and the aircraft jerks forward in tiny tiny increments.  At full power, it simply stays rooted to the spot.  Most odd!

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this and a fix?  I'm not using any additional pushback or airport software.  I did a quick google search, and there seems to be some others have experienced this, but the threads I found were on other forms and none seemed to come to a conclusion that would help me.  Some suggested a brake axis or assignment issue, but no other aircraft have this issue for me.  Brakes are assigned to joystick trigger, and period button.

Also even in take off state, there is a nose wheel steering message on the PFD, flashing orange, stating nw strg disc.  Could this be related?

Any assistance gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

Regards,

Al.

13 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Did you make a complete fresh install of the Airbus with removing all older files/folders?

Thanks for your reply.

Completely new hard drives, if that's what you mean - so there was no previous installation of the Airbus to cause any conflict.

It seems I've left out a key bit of information, and having now experimented a bit further, the problem is narrowed down a bit.

I reinstalled the A318/19 as I was trying to undertake a polar flight, namely Christchurch to McMurdo Ice Runway (Aerosoft Antarctica X).

Having tried the Airbus at other world airports, there is no issue at all.

So the problem I've described is localised to an ice runway in the Aerosoft Antarctica X scenery - But any indications of why this may be?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, this is due to the special ground surface in that area. As I remember only  a few runways can be used with wheels all others only with ski.

Well, Aerosoft produce both the Airbus, and the scenery.  I can land all other aircraft on the ice runway at McMurdo.

A319 registration VH-VHD, operated by Sky Traders, operates a flight to the McMurdo ice runway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skytraders#/media/File:Antarctica_McMurdo_Ice_Runway_Skytraders_A319.jpg

Is there a work around for this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

What happens when you land the Airbus?

which version of Antarctica do you have installed

Please describe the Antarctica scenario  (season, rwy etc.) you are using in detail, I'll try to test it next week. Although I can only do this under P3Dv4 with the Airbus Pro.

On 11/9/2018 at 8:00 AM, mopperle said:

What happens when you land the Airbus?

which version of Antarctica do you have installed

Please describe the Antarctica scenario  (season, rwy etc.) you are using in detail, I'll try to test it next week. Although I can only do this under P3Dv4 with the Airbus Pro.

Hi Otto,

Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for taking the time to help me with this issue.

The issue manifests itself on the McMurdo ice runway (runway or parking area).  I did some testing via slew mode, moving the Airbus into the air a few times and doing an approach and landing.  At touch down, the aircraft flips over and crash is detected by the sim.

Antarctica X version would be the latest I would assume, as I only downloaded it again from this website last year (though I've owned the product since it was first released).

I will do some further testing myself later this week, to see if the other ice runways in the scenery are also a problem for the Airbus.  I must confess I gave up last week, and went and enjoyed flying the Airbus around some other parts of the world where this problem doesn't arise!

Thanks again.

Archived