Missing airport buildings at GCLA

westbros

Hi. I have La Palma Professional which I am running on Prepar3D v4.3. It has been fine until a couple of days ago when I noticed that all of my airport buildings have disappeared. All I have is a couple of jetways, a few moving airport vehicles, and some floating flags. If I look behind the parked aircraft it is quite clear that virtually all of this airport scenery is missing. 

I have not added any new sceneries in the last few days. As regards nearby sceneries I have El Hierro Professional, and Tenerife South, Fuerteventura & Lanzarote by MK-Studios. I have ORBX FTX Global Base, Vector & Open LC Europe (not sure whether Open LC Europe affects the Canaries). I have tried running the Airport Elevation Config tool that comes with Vector, but that made no difference. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery, but this also made no difference. 

Please could you advise me what could be going wrong and how I can fix this. Many thanks. 

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Ok,

what you show looks like an exclude of any Scenery Object provided by the La Palma Addon. But, the scenery is installed and Active (I hope we talk about the newest version 1.10), because the Afcad and the Library for the Jetways is present, the flatten files too. What is missing is any scenery object content.

This will point to the issue, that another Addon with a higher prio includes excludes, that make this content invisable.

Did you have installed the Product GSX ( and maybe the new GSX L2)? 

Please add a screenshot of the scenery Library (World -> Sceney Library) which shows all entry above the "Sim-wings Canaries Island - La Palma" Entry?

Hi Oliver.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I have version 1.10. No I don't have GSX. Attached are screenshots of my Scenery Library. The only scenery above La Palma is El Hierro. However when scanning down my Scenery Library I was stunned to find another entry for La Palma pointing to the same directory. I have no idea how it got there as I have never installed the scenery manually (is that even possible?). Strangely the entry refers just to La Palma, not to Sim-wings La Palma Professional. I deactivated the duplicate layer, and now all of my scenery objects are present. Problem solved! Do you have any idea how the installation could have made a duplicate entry in the Scenery Library?

Many thanks. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is another problem in your scenery library: all Orbx entries need to below any other addon. Go to FTXCentral and set the library insertion point below the last Addon in your library

• Deputy Sheriffs

Orbx entries must be below all other add-ons and to get this setting to "stick" use the tool in FTXCentral/Settings.

Archived