high pitch setting

Every single time I fly in the CRJ 700 after I turn on the autopilot and then later turn it off for landing, the pitch of the aircraft automatically goes way high to 29.50 degrees nose up ... doesn't take a genius to figure out at low speeds with that much of a nose up attitude that rapidly, the airplane goes into a stall and crashes. I have never in my life been in a plane that acted this way in real life and I highly doubt it was designed to do that, so then why is it doing it EVERY time? I have wasted so many hours and failed flights because of this. Its extremely frustrating and annoying.

Anyone know why it's doing this and how to fix it? maybe after a year of owning this plane I can actually have it perform correctly for the 1st time.

• Developer

I've never seen or heard about such a behaviour. Are you sure there isn't something messing with your elevator trim axis? Another customer had weird flight characteristics because of AccuFeel quite recently. Be sure to check your control settings too.

Everything is loaded into the aircraft from the CRJ Manager. Only additional addons I have running that do anything with the aircraft is GSX Level 2, but that only does ground operations and would not impact the flight, and ACARS software for my VA, but that only reads aircraft data and tracks it.

Taxi-out, take off, initial climb are all fine by hand. I activate the autopilot about 1,500 feet and leave it on until about 500 from the ground at landing, but as soon as autopilot is deactivated, the nose shoots to the sky. If i mouse over the V/S wheel (shows pitch when AP not activated) it shows 29.50 degrees. There is something about turning off autopilot that is setting that pitch level. The pitch level prior to autopilot activation at take off shows a normal level. Of course the autopilot will adjust the pitch level throughout the flight, but just before deactivation the actual pitch of the aircraft is not that high at about 5 degrees nose up.

• Developer

I've tried that in several flights and numerous situations within those flight. With a pretty vanilla P3D4 (only airport sceneries and SODE) no pitch up happens whatsoever. I'm still pretty sure that it's input from some joystick or other device. Please check the Controls settings for anything that's tied to the elevator trim axis or any of the elevator trim button events. Make sure that you check all controllers too.

Archived