[P3Dv4] EDDK professional stuttering

Er!k

I'm sorry to report that this scenery is unusable, on my machine at least.

I  have a AMD fX9590, oc'd to 5.0 ghz, 32 g memory, and an RX580 8g VRM a fairly modest rig by today's standards but it always renders between 30 and 40 fps with the FSL A320, medium high settings, dynamic lighting on at complex airports. For instance at EDDF, I get between 28 and 32, butter smooth, at EHAM and the new EBBR, high thirties; and with another smaller and admittedly less complex AS airport released this week, such as Bergamo, it's over 45fps.

I've tried the configurator, reduced everything back, turned off dynamic lights, but, sitting at the runway threshold I'm still only hitting 14fps tops; and, by the way, that's exactly the same as with everything set high. As others have observed the config tool seems to make no difference to the fps.

Clearly it's a complex piece of work, ground-breaking, even, and in places it's a veritable work of art; but that art is seen in a slide show. The massive polygon count has to be tempered with the possibility of fluidity, and on the evidence of this thread, for many people its just not happening.  

Hello,
i have all sliders in the airport-config-tool at medium and the fps and the time to build the objects are more than acceptable. (Airport objects sometimes take some time to show up correctly, even with the "Increased LOD radius Mod")

And at night with dynamic lighting it is the best performance (fps) from all airports i use.

The Airport looks amazing, day and night. Great work Jo...

Best regards
Raller

Z170 Pro | I5 7600K @ 4.5GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M | Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.3 | GEP3D | UTX | ASP4 | REX4 Texture Direct w/Soft Clouds | PTA | SlimLights | ChasePlane | Accu-Feel

On 11/9/2018 at 2:40 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And without dynamic lights? There are a lot in this project and on some systems they seem to be more demanding than on others.

I have also disabled that option and did some daytime flights... Overall FPS is acceptable, but the stutters make it hard to land the Airbus.

In my case while taxiing on the ground beneath the beautiful terminals my GPU usage is approx at 90% and the FPS are about 30, in fact everything is working fine BUT after takeoff when the cologne sorrounding area gets visible and the air graphics are loaded the GPU usage drops to 20% and the FPS are about 10-15.....it LAGS! What is going on there? I have ORBX GEN and GES installed.

• Aerosoft

Well, that is more or less logical he? The moment more scenery is loaded the fps drops because more is drawn.  You are simply overloading one of the paths of the sim. As the GPU load drops it is most likely the feed to the graphics pipeline is overloaded. Lowering the settings of the airport would not help much, lowering the settings of the surrounding will help.

Archived