Vertical speed crazy in manual descent

magna91

Hello all,

Every time when the ProATC X he tells me to start the descent (usually don't is the same of the MCDU has calculated),I insert the altitude communicated in the autopilot, but when I push the button for the descent and conferm the altitude, the vertical speed goes up to values of 6000/7000 and continue to go up and the airplane descent down almost vertically. In the A320 for FSXSE I did the same procedure, but the V/s went down to 1000 and then did not move any more indicating the range of speed that held the plan, which does not happen to me anymore in the A320 professional.

Am I wrong in some procedure? Or is a BUG in the program?

Thanks you so much in advance

Difficult to say without knowing if you're in Managed Descent or Open Descent, or which version you are running, or if this is the same thing which was reported several weeks ago by many people (see the forum for more information).

With that said, we are currently testing a complete re-write of the FMGS software, which will replace the current software.  See the post below for additional information.

Anytime a flight sim product is in post release (while service packs are being developed) it's really helpful to continue to monitor the associated forums.

Best wishes my friend!

Very important when you post something about a crazy decent/climb or anything you feel is out of the ordinary is to give us modes and settings, situation, version installed etc..... 

For example if you were to say i was in selected speed 250 and open descent in clean configuration with AP1 engaged and the aircraft was descending at 6000 fpm, then I would say Houston we have a problem. 

However if you were to say my current speed was green dot at FL300 and I simultaneously selected open decent, adjusted the speed to 310 and threw the boards out, then I would say you got what you asked for.

Not saying you were to blame, or there was nothing wrong on our end, but be very specific when stuff like this crops up, because we can then re-create these situations to verify.   Also test it a couple of times to verify and be careful with your other settings too such as weather and other things, pay attention to them.  If you were to descend on a  -3.0 deg flight path at 400 TAS and you have a 200 tail wind you will have a vs of -3000 fpm, however if you point the aircraft into the wind with the same flight path angle you will have a vs of -1000 fpm.  So details are important even if you don't think they are.

Hello Bill,

Yesterday evening I tried to make a descent managed. At the FL280 with a speed of 310, with wind contrary to 30 knots, I have seto to descent to FL110 in at the TOD. In the first time the descnet follow the Magenta doth with the V/S of 2000/2500, and befor when I arrived at the FL110 and I wanted to stabilize to decelerate at 250 knots, the Magenta doth he continued the descent in the PFD, and when I have insert the 7000 feets for entry in the star, when I have push the button of altitude the V/S it went over 6000/7000 feet per minute and as a result I went into overspeed.

For the versione I have I updated last night using your automatic update system (i think my version is 1.2.1.3).

Last evening I made a flight with the A321, and to my surprise the vertical speed manual is no longer crazy. Now the V/S in the manual descent is 1000 and the seep is managed. I will also do a test with 320 to see if it works.

Archived