Cologne/Bonn professional - for other P3D Versions?

Sascha Hoehle

Dear Jo & Team,

first of all CONGRATULATIONS to the really really best Scenery I've ever seen. It looks absolutely fantastic.

And that brings me to my Question.

You, Jo, wrote in the Beginning of the Cologne Topic that the Scenery will also be available for P3D V3... today I see only the V4 Version.

Can you please wrote something about other Versions? Will they also come in the next days or is the current Version also feasible for V3 and only the Product Name is "wrong"?

For your reply in advance many thanks.

• Developer

Hi, thanks!

The Cologne scenery released today is for Prepar3Dv4 only.

A direct port of the scenery to FSX or P3Dv3 is impossible since it relies heavily on features that were introduced in Prepar3Dv4. (and due to the 32-bit restrictions of the older simulators)
So the 32-bit versions (and X-Plane 11) needs to be redesigned and will be released at a later date, I don't have an exact estimate for when that is right now, but we'll make some kind of announcement when it's getting close.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Somehow understand that people want to have a version supporting a 12 year old technology, but personally I wolud prefer when Jo would concentrate his ressources on new projects and not outdated stuff. ;)

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

Somehow understand that people want to have a version supporting a 12 year old technology, but personally I wolud prefer when Jo would concentrate his ressources on new projects and not outdated stuff. ;)

So it's buy P3D v.4 or not be able to use this scenery?

(Post edited by staff to remove inflammatory, rude or offensive text)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sascha I understand you, but even P3V3 is old stuff as it is based in nearly all/most areas on old FSX code. But lets see what Jo might bring up. ;)

I'm not going to say, nor to I believe FSX is dead. It's a perfectly fine sim for those getting started or for those who (for whatever the reason) are not willing to move to newer sims.  Plus there is a vault full of FSX products here at Aerosoft and elsewhere and nobody has taken those off the market.  But asking any company or developer to invest money into a product that they will loose money on... well, that's just something more than wishful thinking and that is a pure a fact that you will ever find in our community.  So one can howl at every developer in flight sim (that's almost all of them) or howl and shake your fist at the moon all you want, but it's not going to change anything - UNLESS you are personally willing to fund such a project.

Rather than blame or condemn Aerosoft, you can always start with PMDG, Quality Wings, Majestic, FS Dream Team, Flight Beam, or just about any developer you can find, as they have all HAD to drop FSX from their development simply because they would loose money creating an FSX product.

Sorry for the cold hard truth, and I don't mean to offend.  But the above are the facts, and I know that I always appreciate someone being honest with me rather than not.

My very best wishes.

EDIT:  By the way, you will never be able to get P3DV4 products to look as they do in FSX or P3DV1-3.  This is because P3DV4 has capabilities that earlier sims simply do not have.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No further comment needed on P3Dv4 vs. everything else. Unless Jo adds something in the next couple of days, the OP's question was answered and acknowledged.

Gents,

thanks for you Feedback.

Just that you all understand me right; I asked that because I want to know if at this point it will be good for me to switch from v3 to v4.3 because I'm so interessed in the new Scenery and also checking which other Scenerys are compatible with P3D v4.3.

I saw some additional costs for Upgrades on other Sceneries and my A320/A321 Series but the for that Plane the List with INOP Items from Matthijs () shows me that I will loose a big part of the Airbus Functionalities at this Moment.

That is something I do not wanna have at this point....

So Guys, thanks for your answers, I will wait a little more time until the A320 is working better

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived