How to operate Autothrottle-Clutch by keyboard

EchoCharly

Q1.) I am using the English Electric Lightning F3 with FSX Gold.

I cannot find any way to operate the Autothrottle-Clutch by a keystroke or joystick button.

Q2.) How can I set the default position of the TACAN switch to A/G insted of A/A when loading the plane?

Any hints?

Regards -ernst

2 hours ago, EchoCharly said:

Q1.) I am using the English Electric Lightning F3 with FSX Gold.

I cannot find any way to operate the Autothrottle-Clutch by a keystroke or joystick button.

Q2.) How can I set the default position of the TACAN switch to A/G insted of A/A when loading the plane?

Any hints?

Regards -Ernst

Hi Ernst

For the clutch , you could alter one of the keystrokes already set .

If you open  … panel >> Lit_Tac   folders and open the XML " keys" with notepad. at the bottom is a redundant  "chaff release"  change it to...

//CLUTCH
            <On Key="67" ID="C">
           <Visible>1</Visible>
           (L:clutch,bool) ! (>L:clutch,bool)
           </On>

and save.. So hitting key "C" will operate the clutch on and off

As for the A/A A/G switch  the default is A/A but if you add the command ….  1 (>L:navswap,bool)

to the list of commands in the Lit3_load01. XML (  panel >> Lit_F3  >> folders, and  about halfway down in the " (L:ready_mode, bool) 1 == "    section , 

put it between the navonoff and chanswap commands . That way it will switch to ground if you use the all on option.

Hope that helps

Dave R

On 11/5/2018 at 3:53 PM, EchoCharly said:

I am using the English Electric Lightning F3 with FSX Gold

Hey Ernest,

I hope Dave's response will help you.  I don't use FSX anymore, so I've of little use.

But I did want to politely and sincerely pass a long something that might help with tech support in the future.  There actually isn't a version of FSX called FSX Gold.  FSX Gold is a marketing package which contains both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration (you can only install one or the other) - and those to versions have noteworthy differences (although not in your situation).  So when seeking support, it's helpful to let them know when version you actually have installed.

Additionally and most importantly, if you're interested in staying with FSX, then I strongly encourage you to move to FSX Steam (FSX:SE).  FSX:SE is FSX Acceleration with some incredible upgrades which increase performance, and you can often find it on sale for only $5 USD.  If you're happy with what you're already running then of course that's fine, I just thought I'd let you know about FSX:SE if you weren't familiar with it.

My very best wishes to you!

Thank's Dave(R) ....

Just tested your suggestions and they work like a charm. Getting the Lightning onto the runway is much easier now. No need to position the screen first to deactivate the autothrottle clutch (thus loosing sight of the runway) while beeing in the  critical approach phase. Also the A/A A/G switch is fine now. At least I now know _where_ to look for fine tuning of key strokes. 

Q.) Is there a way to determine which key-number is produced by a given keystroke?

And also thank's to Dave(C) for background information on FSX and the Steam version. I invested a lot in aircraft, weather and such ... 

So I guess my next step in the future will be the switch to a 64bit flightsim. Right now FSX does a pretty nice job for me.

I will stay with it for the time beeing... 

Regards -ernst (frankfurt)

15 hours ago, EchoCharly said:

Thank's Dave(R) ....

Just tested your suggestions and they work like a charm. Getting the Lightning onto the runway is much easier now. No need to position the screen first to deactivate the autothrottle clutch (thus loosing sight of the runway) while beeing in the  critical approach phase. Also the A/A A/G switch is fine now. At least I now know _where_ to look for fine tuning of key strokes. 

Q.) Is there a way to determine which key-number is produced by a given keystroke?

And also thank's to Dave(C) for background information on FSX and the Steam version. I invested a lot in aircraft, weather and such ... 

So I guess my next step in the future will be the switch to a 64bit flightsim. Right now FSX does a pretty nice job for me.

I will stay with it for the time beeing... 

Regards -ernst (frankfurt)

Hi Ernst

All you ever wanted to know about setting keystrokes..... https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=XML:_Key_Traps

and @ Dave (H)   … super shot 

Cheers

DR

Archived