AS16 P3Dv4 - Critical error

danewatson

This just started to occur tonight. When I load P3Dv4 and other related add-ons through SimStarterNG I am getting a Critical Error for AS16 P3Dv4.

If I load P3D and the related add-ons on their own and NOT through SimStarterNG I do not get a Critical Error.

I am not sure if this is an AS problem or a SimStarter problem - here is the error message

Please review and advise.

Regards,

Dane.

Please login to display this image.

AS16 PD4.txt

• Developer

No idea why this should cause an error.

But please try not loading AS16 from Run ConfigSet. Have a look at "Advanced Settings" in the Profile tabpages. Here you can find "Run Active Sky" and even select a ConfigSet if you want to.

Please double check this.

• Developer

And please have a look at your Run ConfigSet. Looks like you are starting REX Sky Force. I don't know if both work together?!

11/3/2018 11:07:02 PM OK        STARTPROGRAM        Start Program < C:\Program Files\REX Sky Force 3D for Prepar3D v4\rexskyforce.exe > with parameter <  > because simIsReady now. Close if simIsClosed.

OK thanks for all of this.

First - I have removed AS from the Run Manager

Second - I have activated the Autorun Active Sky in the Extended Settings

Third - I have been autorunning REX SkyForce for a long time and never had a problem.

I have now discovered that I do not believe this problem is coming from SimStarter because I am having the same issue intermittently when I start P3D and then start AS without using SimStarter. I have contacted AS tech support and they are now looking into it.

Will let you know when I get it resolved.

Regards,

Dane.

It seems that my problem is resolved. HiFi Tech (Active Sky) helped me. It appears that my FSUIPC5 was not updated to the latest, so I did that and SO FAR all seems to be good.

I sure wish other add-on companies would do what you do and that is to notify their user when updates are available.

Thank you so much for your excellent service and for an awesome product.

Dane

Archived