Request wind

Marshall01

Good evening

I have proved that without the PMDG 737 installed on my system the wind request fails in an active sky networked set-up.

It seems to relate to the wx folder for wind requests in the PMDG directory, that you don't get if just the pmdg 777 is installed.

Surely this can't be right to have the airbus reliant on another aircraft being installed.

If I have got it wrong fair doo's

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You do not need any PMDG aircraft to get the wind upload working. Aerosoft just uses the same format as PMDG (for a good reason ;) ) instead of inventing another format, but as this file is not stored in a generic folder, you simply have to create a "fake PMDG" folder where this file can be stored by ActiveSky

Thanks for explaining that, but why does your install not create this "fake" pmdg folder to cater for everyone?

So if I understand you, if I dont have pmdg 737 installed, I  create a folder PMDG in Prepar3Dv4 and within that a folder WX.

I must have missed it in the manual since I have not read it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived