MCDU ILS Selection

Sabretooth78

I have twice run into a problem during ILS approaches to KBOS 33L.  I'm not sure if it's the current Navigraph AIRAC (1811 rev 1) or one of the recent Bus updates (running 1.2.1.3) as I know I've handled this approach recently in the past with no problem.  Basically, the MCDU is pulling the ILS for runway 15R (IMDC) instead of that for runway 33L (ILIP).  Both approaches feature a frequency of 110.70.

I've brought this up on the Navigraph forum but between that and my inspection of ../A3XX NavData/PROC/KBOS.txt there doesn't seem to be a problem with the navdata.  Can this be replicated on Aerosoft's end?  I haven't had the opportunity to see if the issue is specific to this approach or is a common problem with opposing ILSs sharing the same frequency.

Note the LS indications on the PFD; the "backward" indication of the LOC diamond (and absence of a GS cue) and the IMDC indication:

Please login to display this image.

The MCDU will not allow an override:

Proceeding as if on an NPA:

Ted was not pleased!  ;)

16 hours ago, mopperle said:

And you choose the correct approach?

Yes, ILS 33L.

Turns out I found the source of the problem and it wasn't the Bus - it appears to have been something with the latest fsAeroData AIRAC, so therefore the actual sim navaids.  Once I realized that possibility I checked and sure enough there was an update and that seems to have fixed it on my last re-run of the approach.

Too many items upsetting the old apple cart once again, but thanks for considering it!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived