Vertical profile problems A320 IAE

MiHei

I'll try to keep this as concise as possible, yet hopefully provide enough information.  To make a long story short with the advent of the latest experimental update 1.2.1.3, subject line aircraft will not take off properly from anywhere. Seems under powered when I set MAN-FLEX, barely lifts off, and then plummets to the ground. This does not occur when I reinstall 1.2.1.1.

Same thing with the A320 IAE stock United livery using the experimental v1.2.1.3.. Rolled back to v1.2.1.0 and the problem goes away.

V1.2.1.3 lets you choose KG or LBS. I switched to LBS and can't help but wonder if the non-Boeing FMS is seeing the weights as KG, not LBS. ??

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, barrendrop3 said:

Also had a problem at EGCC on Friday with FLEX 65  on rwy 23R it just crashed, re ran with TOGA no problem

Was that the FLEX calculated by the airbus or did you changed it yourself?
What was the outside TEMP/QNH?

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 10/21/2018 at 11:18 PM, Fragged^2 said:

A320 IAE, 63,53 tons TOW

ESSA

RWY 19R, Y9

13 C / 1008

1 / UP 0.4

Flex 69, 142,142,143

Ended up almost crashing, I had to go TOGA to get the plane to accelerate. I used http://www.wabpro.cz/A320/ for the perf calculations, used to be bang on with the previous Aerobus version.

Thanks, will try to recreate at weekend. I‘m on business trip currently.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 10/22/2018 at 11:53 AM, Joan Alonso said:

Any news on this?  It seems that the IAE does not apply FLEX thrust correctly at all.

Hi, I will test on weekend. But until now I had no problems.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 10/22/2018 at 11:53 AM, Joan Alonso said:

Any news on this?  It seems that the IAE does not apply FLEX thrust correctly at all.

Hi, I will test on weekend. But until now I had no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I can repro this issue.

A320IAE (stock British Airways), EGLL, 9R take-off. Flex temp = 63 or 64 (don't remember). Trim: 1/UP0.2. Fuel=8900kg. After take-off, it behaves as if no thrust is set (idle?) and then aircraft plummets to ground.

Same here...it also has happen to me the last couple times i have used at A320IAE - taking off ESSA - everything seems fine ---TRIM 1DN0.2 flex 64 but i get nothing ---no power ---just terrain terrain and then plummets to the ground...tried the same exact thing on the A320 CFM engines and no issues ...the weather was fine 

Manuel 

• 4 weeks later...

I am still facing this issue with A320 IAE with 1.2.1.5 update. I did a fresh install of 1.2.1.0 and then updated to 1.2.1.5 and did the same flight. After take off, the speed drops causing the aircraft to crash.

I had exactly the same problem today departing 09R at LHR in a A320 (IAE)...........lift off, climb slowly, gear up, speed then decreases, get gear back down, arrive back on the ground, hurtle through the trees, stagger into the sky on TOGA like a drunken albatross, alter heading for the SID........and all was then good again and the remainder of the flight was perfectly normal.

Not ideal when under live ATC!

I will try again running on Unlimited Fuel.......

Some more detail on the above flight :

A320 IAE / ZFW : 57.2 / TOW : 61.5 /  Fuel : 44.9

EGLL 09R / Wind : 14012kt / QNH : 1011

FLEX : 67 / Flap : 1/UP0.8 / Vr 142kts

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having exactly the same problem trying to takeoff from ENGM 01R right now. The aircraft will not unstick after rotate. When I manually slew the aircraft into the air (after five or six takeoff attempts) up to around 6,000 ft, the aircraft cannot hold altitude at all (the closest I could get was a descent of ~1200 FT/MIN).

Aircraft is now completely unflyable. 

I've got some screenshots below:

I hope there's a fix soon. 

Archived