Sounds Cut/Loop

Joan Alonso

I'm sure the devs are aware of this, and that these days they are really busy with other more important issues, just asking if it could be done in the future.

With the current configuration of the ASC module the sounds can not be played independently on a single view. I mean, if the cfg specifies the Cabin Crew sounds to be played only outside you have only one chance to listen them, so if in the middle of an announcement you switch to VC and back to outside view that sound is gone and checked as played. So the sound if it is not programmed to loop will be cut if switching views. Instead, if a sound is programmed to loop like ATC (which could be specified the other way around, only played in VC via cfg) will start over and over if switching views again.

As I see, the ASC module works more or less the same way as the "dsdsound" gauge by Doug Dawson, so maybe it could be implemented something similar to the xml "ViewSystemStatus" in combination with a Volume variable depending on that status, I think that would do the trick.

Many thanks

52 minutes ago, Joan Alonso said:

I'm sure the devs are aware of this, and that these days they are really busy with other more important issues, just asking if it could be done in the future.

With the current configuration of the ASC module the sounds can not be played independently on a single view. I mean, if the cfg specifies the Cabin Crew sounds to be played only outside you have only one chance to listen them, so if in the middle of an announcement you switch to VC and back to outside view that sound is gone and checked as played. So the sound if it is not programmed to loop will be cut if switching views. Instead, if a sound is programmed to loop like ATC (which could be specified the other way around, only played in VC via cfg) will start over and over if switching views again.

As I see, the ASC module works more or less the same way as the "dsdsound" gauge by Doug Dawson, so maybe it could be implemented something similar to the xml "ViewSystemStatus" in combination with a Volume variable depending on that status, I think that would do the trick.

Many thanks

I don't know if it's as simple as that... but do me a favor, and email your suggestion to support@aerosoft.com.  I can't promise you a quick reply because of how swamped we are right now, but it's certainly something we should look into.

Many thanks.

Archived