Midflight loss of engines

Blockbuster

Dear All,

Today I flew (welll tried to fly........) KBOS-KDEN with the A321 IAE Jetblue. Perfect flight untill 2 hours before I was suposed to reach KDEN. 
I got on my UPPER ECAM "Fuel below 3T" Message. I checked the fuel page according to the system I should have 6360kg of fuel onboard, according to my MCDU I have only 4.5FOB. unknown.png

When I departed KBOS I loaded 16.0 tonnes of fuel. this gives me two options;

A) Fuel used is correct 16000-11570 = 4430kg 
b)  FOB is correct 16000-6360 = 9640KG

This means that i have used either 11570KG of fuel or 9640kg of fuel. No problem at all, I still have enough fuel to reach KDEN according to both resources.However the FOB on the LOWER ECAM did not decrease any further during the flight

However during the decend the shit hits the fan, I was getting a drink and when I returned to my computer I heard the barking dog. On the Upper ECAM I got the message HDY PTU and saw that I had no fuel flow nor N1 while N2 was decreasing. I tried to restart the engine however I did not succeed. Unfortunately this story ends 11NM before the runway at KDEN.

Possibly the bug in the fuel system caused the malfunction of the engine?

Please help to solve this issue thanks in advance

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, I can’t reproduce what you are showing on the screenshot.

I did also a flight from BOS to DEN.

My fuel values on the different pages, screens, locations are all plausible.

Why have you switched off the PUMPs in the Wings? If that wasn’t you, there is really something messed up in that flight.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, then is something really strange.

The center should be emptied first, then the wings. There is no reason, why the bus should switch of the pumps by itself. 

As said I was not able to reproduce.

Can you please test again?

Archived