DC-8 clock

Mace_RB

• Developer

Ideally you would be able to set the clock yourself.  I ran into a mouse rectangle limit for 32 bit during development and the clock was not high on the list of things to be user operable.  Whether standard practice is to keep it on GMT or local time I don't know.  We have some current and former airline pilots here who maybe could answer that. I do know it's supposed to have a six day mechanical movement and I did change the default animation of the second hand to make it sweep smoothly like a mechanical movement does, rather than quartz crystal one, which only moves once a second.

19 hours ago, Michael2 said:

Ideally you would be able to set the clock yourself.  I ran into a mouse rectangle limit for 32 bit during development and the clock was not high on the list of things to be user operable.  Whether standard practice is to keep it on GMT or local time I don't know.  We have some current and former airline pilots here who maybe could answer that. I do know it's supposed to have a six day mechanical movement and I did change the default animation of the second hand to make it sweep smoothly like a mechanical movement does, rather than quartz crystal one, which only moves once a second.

I do like the animation, it is really neat.

How difficult would it be to have the clock tied to GMT, rather than local time?

All civil radio traffic is timed in GMT, so Zulu Time would be the most practical time to set your clock to.

I was a naval radio operator for many years and GMT has long been the internationally agreed standard set by the International Code of Signals, which is also used by civil aviation in a slightly modified form.

Archived