Heathrow night lighting

Aaron1

Hello, 

Is there any way of reducing the night lighting of the terminals? It's very bright at night when using HDR (set at normal brightness of 1). I think there was once a fix for this in a previous version but I'm not sure it is working in 1.10? I have attached a screenshot.

Many thanks,

Aaron

With HDR on:

Please login to display this image.

With HDR off:

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think some of your settings are not correct, thi is how it looks on my machine with HDR (0.8) turned on and DL enabled:

Are you using any shader tweaks?

2 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Are you using any shader tweaks?

Ah I am using PTA but this seems to be the only airport where the night lighting is like this. Yours looks pretty nice! I'll have a play around and see if it helps. Are you using PTA? 

Just did some testing with different factors. My findings suggest that PTA does not cause this bright lighting (perhaps even slightly improves it?) but in fact the Dynamic Lighting when turned 'off' in the EGLL config menu causes this bright lighting. The screenshots below show this with the different factors (HDR is on at 0.8 in all screenshots)

Dynamic Lighting on, PTA off:

Dynamic Lighting on, PTA on:

Dynamic Lighting off, PTA on

Dynamic Lighting off, PTA off

As you can see, the lighting is very bright as soon as Dynamic lighting is turned off. The lighting is darker and better when Dynamic Lighting is turned on (still too bright however).  In both cases PTA does not make a difference to the brightness of the terminals. 

Because the Dynamic Lighting is FPS hungry, is there a way of having the lower brightness on the terminals that mimics the Dynamic lighting being on without it actually being on?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Simply getr rid of PTA. all those shader tweaks are known to couse more and more problems.

Bright textures get overexposed, while dark textures get underexposed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, PTA is exacly the problem of course in combination with other settings like DL and HDR, look at your own screenshots in your first topic and in the other. Also think about why they look so totally different regarding the light poles. ;)

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

Also think about why they look so totally different regarding the light poles. ;)

I changed the light poles in the config menu before I did the tests ;) Thanks for your help anyway :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived