No Avail light when external power connected

por928

vor 13 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

There are several people who complain about this. However, if you had read my posts, you would know that it's an issue that is not reproducable. It's like those strange effects when you suddenly don't see the beacon lights anymore on the exterior model. All that we can trace or debug, we have traced or debugged. Everything is perfectly alright - but for some people, the bloody light still sometimes doesn't show. Stefan, myself and others spent so much time testing this, that we came to the conclusion that it might be a bug in the MDL export tools from the FSX/P3D SDK. But even that is not 100% sure.

Just to make it clear, it is not only the Avail light, sometimes several lights in the Overhead are not working, sometimes a few lights are working eg. fuel button lights working but Engine Start knob lights are not working if I press them.

I can't imagine that you can not reproduce this issue, if others have this every 2nd flight.

I am available for Remote Session or anything you need if you need my Client to trouble shoot this further, if you do.

I fully understand you but then you are selling a product which is not working proberly (probably only with P3D versions later than 4.3, didn't test that) that is not really cool.

Thats the same if I buy a car and my mechanics told me after I bought it and I have troubles "Yes, sometimes the motor cant start but we can not find the issue"

So we have to say, there will never be a solution, this issue is not under analysis anymore and the CRJ which is in the store could have bugs on some clients?

If I knew that before, I wouldn't buy that plane even if she is working sometimes :(

Problem with switch lights started with Prepar3D v4.4 (the version that requred a fix for CRJ). I had this problem before CRJ update (clickspot issues, lights were never working...) and I am sometimes having lights issue also after CRJ update.

• Developer
vor 6 Stunden , flyingpilot1740 sagte:

Just to make it clear, it is not only the Avail light, sometimes several lights in the Overhead are not working, sometimes a few lights are working eg. fuel button lights working but Engine Start knob lights are not working if I press them.

I can't imagine that you can not reproduce this issue, if others have this every 2nd flight.

I am available for Remote Session or anything you need if you need my Client to trouble shoot this further, if you do.

I fully understand you but then you are selling a product which is not working proberly (probably only with P3D versions later than 4.3, didn't test that) that is not really cool.

Thats the same if I buy a car and my mechanics told me after I bought it and I have troubles "Yes, sometimes the motor cant start but we can not find the issue"

So we have to say, there will never be a solution, this issue is not under analysis anymore and the CRJ which is in the store could have bugs on some clients?

If I knew that before, I wouldn't buy that plane even if she is working sometimes :(

I didn't say anything like this. The problem will be under analysis until we find a solution. What I said is that it's possible that the reason for this issue lies in the MDL export tools of P3D. Those are part of the P3D SDK and outside our area of influence. It's not always the add-on that causes issues. A friend had an issue with missing beacon lights on the Qualitywings 787. He thought it was an issue with the add-on. But it wasn't. When he installed hotfix 2 for P3D 4.5, the issue was gone. So, don't be so quick to point your finger at us. There's loads of other possible reasons as well.

That said, I just spoke with Stefan and we're going to re-export the VC model files with the latest P3D SDK and make them available early next week. It's just an experiment but may be we're lucky. Of course this will require P3D 4.5 Hotfix 2 as well!

vor 7 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

I didn't say anything like this. The problem will be under analysis until we find a solution. What I said is that it's possible that the reason for this issue lies in the MDL export tools of P3D. Those are part of the P3D SDK and outside our area of influence. It's not always the add-on that causes issues. A friend had an issue with missing beacon lights on the Qualitywings 787. He thought it was an issue with the add-on. But it wasn't. When he installed hotfix 2 for P3D 4.5, the issue was gone. So, don't be so quick to point your finger at us. There's loads of other possible reasons as well.

That said, I just spoke with Stefan and we're going to re-export the VC model files with the latest P3D SDK and make them available early next week. It's just an experiment but may be we're lucky. Of course this will require P3D 4.5 Hotfix 2 as well!

I do not point my fingers at anybody I just said what I am thinking.

Sounds good, I have installed HF2 already and looking forward if its working :)

Archived