Updates and Defaults...

Querer

Hi there,

I know it might not be top priority, but the fact that each little update resets all my custom views, my repaints and my settings inside the plane (C&D as default, GSX pushback on, no view system) is really annoying. Besides that I loose every time after an update almost 10 Minutes to bring back the Busses to the state they had before the update, modifying the aircraft.cfg's over and over again always carries the risk of doing something wrong, corrupting the .cfg and rendering the plane useless (until a new installation). I would really really love if in one of the future updates it will be included that liveries and settings are stored and also valid after the update.

Regards

Chris

• Deputy Sheriffs

Christian,

I know that it is somehow frustrating to edit the aircraft.cfg again after each update. The problem is that this config file is a major part of the Airbus and to make sure that the Airbus works correctly it needs to be overwritten with the latest version and set to its default values. Currently there are no plans to implement something like a special configurator to save various parts of the cfg, as you simply do not know what might remain the same and what has a user changed.

On 12.10.2018 at 19:15, Querer sagte:

modifying the aircraft.cfg's over and over again always carries the risk of doing something wrong, corrupting the .cfg and rendering the plane useless (until a new installation).

Thats exactly the problem: allowing a user to save parts of the cfg with such a tool is not a good idea, as simply the majority of users have no clue how to handle this properly. So if you know what you are doing, save the parts of the cfg you have edited , compare them with the new version and insert your changes.

The liveries IMHO can be handled easily with the Livery Manager.

That's what I do now, I always have the current aircraft.cfg with the fltsim section stored as backup. BUT: no, the livery Manager is currently not useful, as there are many liveries not yet ported for the professional version, so I have to use the "old" liveries installed manually. The Problem with the visualy system I still have to solve, currently I am not sure where my cameradefinitions are stored for SimpleCam...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, what you might do:

The aircraft.cfg consists of a lot of segments, all starting with these brackets [ ], like [FLTSIM.0] for the liveries. Camera definitions are available for internal and external and start after the commentline:
// ------------ Internal Camera Defintitions -------------------

and

// ------------ External Camera Defintitions -------------------

I do not know how Simple Cam works, but when you use a tool that can compare files like winmerge you can easily find out what has been where changed. In the past I did the same and always saved a copy of the changed segment(s) as txt file for later use/update and built kind of a library this way.

As with the last update my AS Busses are basically like a brand-new installation, I hope I will find which files are modified after configuring SimpleCam. If not, I might consider your tipp, thanks for that.

Another suggestion for liveries (I am successful with it):

1 - install all liveries you want as you have always done

2 - from Livery Manager save the add-on liveries, it create a perfect zip file for future use.

Archived