Jetway not moving.

izzi

I have bought Mega Airport London-Heathrow Xtended Scenery and noticed that the jetways don't move at all.    I found a patch for the fix but when attempting to download,  it tells me that the scenery needs to be installed first.  The scenery is installed already so I'm not sure why it's telling me this.   Is there a fix for the jetway to work?  Thanks for your time.

David

• Aerosoft

Hi David,

what simulator are we talking about?

In this thread it was suggested to:

1) remove the product using the Windows Software control panel (do not manually delete the program files)
2) do a disk check (right click on the drive, select properties, select tools, select check now)
3) reboot your computer
4) log in with administrative rights
5) disable the anti-virus software temporary
6) install the product
7) enable the anti-virus software
😎 defragment your disk (NOT if you are using a SSD) 

We have never seen that fail to fix this problem. 

Have you already tried this?

21 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi David,

what simulator are we talking about?

In this thread it was suggested to:

Have you already tried this?

Ben, 

I haven't tried that yet but it doesn't hurt to try.  I'm using FSX Steam..  It just seems like a lot of crap to do just to install a patch.  The scenery installed just fine and working great except the jetways.

D

if you never installed FSX (not STEAM) try to install heathrow with the FSX (not STEAM) option (sounds weird but the STEAM people did some weird things between SE only ond SE beside FSX install)

18 hours ago, data63 said:

if you never installed FSX (not STEAM) try to install heathrow with the FSX (not STEAM) option (sounds weird but the STEAM people did some weird things between SE only ond SE beside FSX install)

Good morning or afternoon Juergen,

Like you said for the install,  I reinstalled it and selected FSX and not FSX SE and all went well.  The patch is in and the jetways are moving.  Thanks for your guidance and help.

David

On 14.10.2018 at 15:23, izzi sagte:

Good morning or afternoon Juergen,

Like you said for the install,  I reinstalled it and selected FSX and not FSX SE and all went well.  The patch is in and the jetways are moving.  Thanks for your guidance and help.

David

in fact it was afternoon ;-)

in general - if you have a "clean" FSX-SE installation (never side by side with FSX) you always should use the FSX installer option as the STAEM people in this case use the "default" FSX config files and paths - in a "side by side installation other file-names and paths are used.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived