A32X Cockpit Night Lighting

Hey,

this is not a bug report, more its a "feature" request or better a question :)

Is it just me or are the Cockpit background lights (INTEG LT) of the knobs-fonts etc. a bit too dark?

I tried it out without any Shader and just the Built-in HDR settings (Brightness is on 1.25 in my sim) but they are still very dark.

The Overhead lights are okay for my taste. :)

To compare it to "real" planes I reviewed a lot of pictures (cause I have no access to a real plane) and for me, it looks like that the lights in the AS Bus needs some redbull, to be more bright or what do you think?

The Flood lights etc are fully okay and perfectly for my taste :)

Is there a way how I can bright them up on my own a bit?

image.png.6cf468ceda69620f0aeddcb97b9542bc.png

• Aerosoft

Well the fact we design it for the default shaders and you are not using those could very well explain what you show in the image. But we don't feel the light level is incorrect, it seems to match what we seen in the real cockpit when we measured light levels there.

vor 10 Stunden , flyingpilot1740 sagte:

Is there a way how I can bright them up on my own a bit?

Might be but the question is still not answered.

Just to make sure that the default shader lights are also too dark on my side for my taste:

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, flyingpilot1740 said:

Might be but the question is still not answered.

Just to make sure that the default shader lights are also too dark on my side for my taste:

Please login to display this image.

While mine isn't nearly that dark, I've long agreed that the flight deck itself and many of the numeric displays are WAYYYYYYYYYY too dark.  On a sunny day, the flight deck is far too shaded.  It wasn't this way on the last version, and I suspect that someone got bitten by this insane "shade the living "heck" out of everything because it looks better" bug that started sweeping the flight sim world a few years ago (and thankfully, a LOT of people are starting to revert back to normal).  It really seems to me that the flight deck (and thus many of the controls and readouts) was purposely made to be roughly half as bright as the last version.

I only use default shaders and I have all my monitors calibrated, and have tried this with 1080p and 4K monitors.  Early in the Beta I did a side by side comparison between the P3DV4 version and the P3DV3 version and it showed exactly what I'm talking about. Sadly, I don't have (or can't find) that screen shot and I no longer have P3Dv3 installed so I can't duplicate it.  But as far as I'm concerned, that's the way it is.

In the end, I think we'll see a lot more people reporting this. 

Hey Dave,

I compared it more last night and the funny thing is, that the lights are more bright with my modified shaders as with the default *lol*

You are right with your words about the daylight lightning of the Cockpit. Compared to other Addon Airplanes, the Bus Cockpit is quite dark and the sun effects are not as intense as in other cockpits :) 

I have modified my Sharders to darken other cockpits a bit, since I am flying the Bus (💘) I have modified it back, cause the Bus Cockpit is so dark, that I need lights in the daytime haha :D (but that does not really bother me cause I am flying 90% of my flights with the Bus 😛)

I remember, that in the previous Version there was an option with "Darker VC Textures and Brighter VC Textures" in the configurator.

Cause I think there is another technology for lightning behind the aircraft, I am not sure if this is possible to add this feature again or probably something similar is possible to add in the future sometime:) 

I know that this also depends on the Screen you are using and a lot of other things but yes, I am wondering that nobody else has talked about it yet... Probably maybe I'm just too extremly ""night blind" 😝

Cheers,

Bernd

I can basically agree with that. To make the cockpit realistically dark in night conditions, I selected a brighter setting in my 2K Monitor to have it dark enough.

With the darker setting, the cockpit is too dark at daylight.

So my conclusion is, too, that either the cockpit is too bright at night or too dark at daylight. Personally, I let the darker monitor setting always on and live with the darker daylight cockpit to not have to set the display up according to light conditions, but if you could improve this or make it selectable, I would totally appreciate that.

On 11.10.2018 at 12:02, Meyerflyer sagte:

I can basically agree with that. To make the cockpit realistically dark in night conditions, I selected a brighter setting in my 2K Monitor to have it dark enough. 

With the darker setting, the cockpit is too dark at daylight.

So my conclusion is, too, that either the cockpit is too bright at night or too dark at daylight. Personally, I let the darker monitor setting always on and live with the darker daylight cockpit to not have to set the display up according to light conditions, but if you could improve this or make it selectable, I would totally appreciate that.

Of course I meant a darker setting.

It's a pity it is not being looked at, even when a few customers complain about it.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, BBoyJD10 said:

They are not correct

I am sorry you do not agree sir.

We have looked at this, we even asked a maintenance guy to take some color referenced images. We do not think we can get closer to how the photographs look then what we have now. If somebody gets us images that can be calibrated in any way (by including a color chart in the image etc) we will look at this again. Do make sure those images are made in the same version of the Airbus as the one we model.

Archived