Issues (?) with the VS during descent of a saved flight.

I made flight LOWILFMN01 and everything worked fine. I saved the flight when I passed by NERAS to have a point to return and practice GO AROUND and alternative routes. I returned later to the saved flight and continued it. The speed was 230 kts. When the call out "APPROACH CL: STARTS IN 4.7 MILES ..." appeared, I pressed the '1' and the approach cl was sung. After the call out "FLIGHT ATTENDANTS PREPARE FOR LANDING." I activated in the MCDU the approach phase, FLAPS 1 was deployed automatically but the speed dropped to 200 kts and not 170 kts as I suppose it should have been. I waited for a while and I entered in the grand final. Then, manually, I changed the speed to 170 kts. Upon hearing "LOCALIZE ALIVE", I pressed the APPR button on the FCU and passed the ROSE to LS. I was stabilized at 170 kts and then I commanded the speed for managed. The speed began to rise to 200 kts. I changed again to 170 kts. At 2000" of altitude the FLAPS 2 and speed had not yet dropped, so I manually applied FLAPS 2 and then I heard "GEAR DOWN" and only then did the speed begin to drop. From then on, FLAPS 3 and FLAPS FULL were automatic deployed and the remainder of the flight went smoothly.

I ask for help or instructions. Thanks.

LOWI-LFMN-NERAS.wx

LOWI-LFMN-NERAS.abx

LOWI-LFMN-NERAS.fxml
lowi-lfmn-neras.fms
lowi-lfmn-neras.asc

• Deputy Sheriffs

Luis,

there might be three problems when loading a saved flight and also in connection with used CL and COP:

1. During descent when saving a flight there are various CL active and for the system it is quite difficult to find the right "state". According to my experience the best option is to save the flight before descent e.g. when the INFOBAR tells you that in a certain distance the DESCENT CL automatically will start. But please do not set the FCU descent to altitude before saving.......
  2. Another option is to save the flight situation before the APPR CL e. g. when the INFOBAR tells you that in a certain distance the APPROACH CL automatically will start.
  3. If you installed an update / hotfix after saving a flight state there could be conflicts with previously saved data. If you have problems with those saved flights (like in your case) you should therefore after installation of an update / hotfix delete all previously saved flights ......

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived