Issues (?) with the VS during descent of a saved flight.

LuisVargas

I made flight LOWILFMN01 and everything worked fine. I saved the flight when I passed by NERAS to have a point to return and practice GO AROUND and alternative routes. I returned later to the saved flight and continued it. The speed was 230 kts. When the call out "APPROACH CL: STARTS IN 4.7 MILES ..." appeared, I pressed the '1' and the approach cl was sung. After the call out "FLIGHT ATTENDANTS PREPARE FOR LANDING." I activated in the MCDU the approach phase, FLAPS 1 was deployed automatically but the speed dropped to 200 kts and not 170 kts as I suppose it should have been. I waited for a while and I entered in the grand final. Then, manually, I changed the speed to 170 kts. Upon hearing "LOCALIZE ALIVE", I pressed the APPR button on the FCU and passed the ROSE to LS. I was stabilized at 170 kts and then I commanded the speed for managed. The speed began to rise to 200 kts. I changed again to 170 kts. At 2000" of altitude the FLAPS 2 and speed had not yet dropped, so I manually applied FLAPS 2 and then I heard "GEAR DOWN" and only then did the speed begin to drop. From then on, FLAPS 3 and FLAPS FULL were automatic deployed and the remainder of the flight went smoothly.

I ask for help or instructions. Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please take a few minutes to look at the forum structure so you can enter your request in the correct forum section. That way you'll get a faster answer. You originally posted in the General Discussion section that clearly states no support is available there. Based on your post, a guess is that it's about the A318.../A321 Professional, and based on that guess I moved this for you to the appropriate forum. If it's about another aircraft, please reply and I'll move it to where it should go instead.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problem. I can see you're anxious for an answer since you replied so quickly, but unfortunately, I'm still learning the Airbus Pro so someone else will need to step in to help. Hopefully it won't be long. Thanks for using the forum.

I'm still investigating the original problem, but during the tests I found the problem described below.

I did five flights using the route LOWILFMN01 with aids of the checklist/copilot. Three of them with success. In the fourth I had a issue because flaps 2 was not applied automatically and I already was at 1700 feet in the final ramp to runway 04l. I have observed that the speed increase from 198 KIAS to 202 KIAS and maybe this can my have been the origin of the problem because flaps 2 must be applied with speed below 200 KIAS, isn't? So I manually set to flaps 2 (the bus complained because of speed!) and only after is that I heard "GEAR DOWN" and the speed begun to drop. From this point to the end (landing) everything went good. I repeated all the flight and again the same thing has been occured, that is, I had to manually dropped flaps to 2 and again the remainder of the flight run well.

The aircrafts used with success in the first three flights were A319-IAE GERMANWINGS, A319-CFM AIRBERLIN and A320-CFM AER LINGUS. 

In the last two flights were I had problems I flew with A320-IAE BRITISH AIRWAYS.

So I think that A320-IAE has an issue with controlling speed at approach descent.

All of the five flights I have salved in a two distincts points to be able to back to them and repeat the remainder of the flight. A point after the message "DESCENT PREP CL" and another more close to destination and before the message "APPROACH CL STARTS IN...".

I come back to this second one with A320-IAE BRITISH AIRWAYS and I continued the flight. My speed should be with 250 KIAS (speed at saved flight) instead I am at 228 KIAS. No problem.

I entered in the final (G/S) with 198 KIAS but the speed increased to 202 KIAS as in the original flight (see attached screenshot). I applyed spoilers and the speed went to line bellow 200 KIAS but when I take the spoilers off the speed increased to 202 KIAS again. This time I selected 195 KIAS in the speed button at FCU. I was at 1700 feet and the FLAPS2 had not yet been automatic launched so I did this manually, the speed dropped and FLAPS3 happened automaticaly as FLAPS FULL and all remainder of the flight occurred without problems.

As exposed above (again I beg your pardon for my english) I really feel a problem with A320-IAE in what concerns the G/S speed profile and FLAPS management at the final of a landing.

Best regards.

Please login to display this image.

I forgot to say that A320-IAE also has another problem that I have not found in the others. During takeoff and climb executing the SID It did not got follow the flight patch in Navigation Display with accuracy and got lost. I had to enter with a 'DIR TO' to the waypoint BRENO. 

Here are the files with the saved position before NERAS (20nm before "APPROACH CL STARTS IN 4.7 NM...) when I was at 4000 feet and 250 KIAS.

A320-IAE-NERAS.wx

A320-IAE-NERAS.fxml

a320-iae-neras.fms

a320-iae-neras.asc

A320-IAE-NERAS.abx

14 hours ago, EasyJetSetter said:

The IAE's have thrust power problems after the last patch, so dont use them for now.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/140174-experimental-update-throttle-issue/

Not all IAE.

I did now a test with the A321-IAE and it did not have any problems during the flight. To my surprise, he, unlike the other A319 and A320, followed the SID's flight patch in the ND with absolute perfection... the better of them, except A318 with which I have not yet flown.

My last contribution. I finally tested the A318-CFM. I had problems with the descent from start to finish. After activate de descent to 4000 feet the altitude dropped very fast and I almost collided with the hills below. I repeated the flight this time controlling the V / S and so went well until I captured the localizer and started the descent ramp on the G / S. This time the problem was the wrong reading of the altitude. A difference of 300 feet, because while it was at 500 "on the altimeter was sung 200". I did not hear the "MINIMUNS". I landed, applied the reverse til 60 KIAS, I take the reverse off and leaved the runway, but the message "LEAVE RUNWAY" not shown. Already towards the gates I heard "SEVENTY KNOTS" as if I were still in a situation of applying the reverses. The rest of the checklist (AFTER LANDING CL and PARKING CL) occurred normally.

Okay, now I'm going to wait for SP1 to be released and I'll test all the models again. I love this Airbus and I will have a great pleasure in continuing contributing.

Best regards and see you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luis,

May I suggest something? Can you please make test flights with one type of AC only? Mixing results with different models, different engines, etc. may only confuse the testers and you will get no positive feedback at all. Please note that Update 1.2.1.2 fixes the throttle issue on IAE engines.

One more thing as Mr. Hanse mentioned in his advise - clear all previously saved flights and start fresh after applying any update.

Archived