Airbus Professional

Carey

Would also be in my interest. Waiting for a functional Shared cokpit and all the other promised features. It seriously is a bit annoying to not be able to use the full product. Just to have a basic idea: Do you plan the release in october, or will it be later?

vor 21 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Work on the Connected Flight Deck has resumed yesterday, all those things are not parts that can be completed in a few weeks though!

So you mean by that, that customers will probably have to wait at least 1-2 months? Very disappointing...

To be honest, i would rather like the same Shared Cockpit as in FSX, as waiting years for a "better" Version... is there a reason why you start working now? I think we could expect continous work on a product that is published, but not fully functional?

• Aerosoft

I am sorry you feel that way. We resumed working on it now because we got limited resources. I would love to have 20 people on this product but we are only with 5.  And of course work has never stopped, but we felt other issues had priority.

We tried to be as open and honest about this as possible, advising people to buy when they feel the feature set is to their liking. Could it be you missed that?

vor 32 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I am sorry you feel that way. We resumed working on it now because we got limited resources. I would love to have 20 people on this product but we are only with 5.  And of course work has never stopped, but we felt other issues had priority.

We tried to be as open and honest about this as possible, advising people to buy when they feel the feature set is to their liking. Could it be you missed that?

No, I didnt, but publishing the SP1 was planned for 4 weeks after A320/21 Release. This seems to be unrecheable now. The problem is, that it is absolutely unclear, when things will finally get published and because of unclear publishing policy and moving the release date to later many times I cant be sure what to expect when.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, tillpauly68 said:

No, I didnt, but publishing the SP1 was planned for 4 weeks after A320/21 Release.

You say it yourself: "planned", not "promised". Plans can always change due to current events, like for example the several bugfix releases in the meantime. So I suggest to simply be a little bit more relaxed and give Aerosoft the time to get things done right instead of trying to push anything.

I would be very relaxed if Aerosoft would do a planing that is a bit more exact. Its always a good idea to plan in some extra time for bugs, etc. . This seemed to be not the case. As an experienced Publisher, Aerosoft should take that into account, or not?

22 minutes ago, klisura said:

Will the delay with the CFD cause the delay of all the other functions provided in the Sp1 or do you plan to move just the CFD in the SP2?

There is no delay with CFD and it's being worked on right now.  It's still not certain whether it will be released as an update or with SP1.  We'll let you know as soon as we do!

Best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm going to respond to this, and then let's make this the end of this - and for people who don't appreciate that, then you can PM me.  Suffice it to say that there is not point in keeping a conversation going in circles, and frankly speaking I won't allow that to happen as nobody benefits from such an exchange.

People here in the forums have vastly difference experience in all matters, including how things work behind the scenes in flight simulation.  In attempt not to go into too much detail, I will tell you that our hobby is tremendously unique from all perspectives but especially from a software development perspective, and simply cannot be compared to other type of software.  This is extremely important to keep in mind.

If anyone here would go to the PMDG forums (any of their aircraft), Quality Wings, or most any other aircraft developer, they would see the same thing going on there.  This is due to the unique challenges of developing high end aircraft for our hobby.  The only difference is that Aerosoft decided to make an effort to keep customers in the loop and try as best as possible to give estimated times for product releases.  Now this is important for everyone to understand... if we didn't do this then people would complain, and if we do it then other people complain, except that a larger number of people seem to appreciate the development updates and time estimates and for this the proof is in the forums and since I've been working them daily for over six years, I'm confident of my statement that more people prefer to receive the best development updates that we are able to provide.

Nobody is going to explain what goes on behind the scenes, after all our work here is not to educate people in flight sim development (and it never will be), but rather to provide excellent products at low cost.  Now that brings up yet another explanation, one that will make sense to anyone with a decent ability to piece things together.  We provide incredible products at costs that are roughly half of that charged for similar products.  Since we only model Normal Operations and other products claim to incorporate accurate, multiple and cascading failures then I would rate the cost benefit (taking into account that very, VERY few flights simmers ever bother with simulating failures) and say that our product is at least 1/3 less the price of similar products.  Interestingly enough, the development of those similar products are still plagued by the same type of problems and delays that we have.  To put this plainly, you can go and spend 1/3 more for a similar product and still have the same complaint.  Well, it's not Aerosoft guys, it's the hobby and what we have to contend with on the development side.

Two final comments.

I think it's important to share with you guys that every member of the Aerosoft Moderation Team has over 20 years of weekly (and many DAILY) work in the fight sim community and some have well over 30 years of experience.  They are here because of their experience and because they have each demonstrated both devotion and a desire and help their fellow flight simmers.  They not only deserve our respect for what their daily work sharing their knowledge of flight simulation and hundreds of different products.

As a long time flight simmer myself, I had a few choices of where I could hand my hat and I chose Aerosoft for many different reasons.  The most important factor was Mathijs Kok, and let me say that I have never met anyone who cares more for the flight sim hobby and flight simmers in general than Mathjis. Then it was Aerosoft's wisdom of providing aircraft at far less cost than others, which is INCREDIBLY tough to do, but making products more affordable helps both flight simmers and the flight sim community as a whole because it helps it to grow our numbers, which is crucial given how challenging and expensive Flight Sim is to start up in.  Then it was the donations (money and work) that Aerosoft gives back to the flight sim community, and if I have my way then this will be more public information in the future.

If you just have to respond to my post, then please do so via PM.

As always, I offer you all my very best wishes.

Topic closed.

Archived