Engine Start Behavior

Sabretooth78

Since the release of the Pro version, I've noticed this in my virtual airline PIREPS:

Please login to display this image.

Maybe it's just a SmartCARS quirk, but this has occurred on every flight using it since 1.0.0.0 was released.  For some reason it is reporting Engine 1 as instantaneously shutting down and restarting the moment it reports it as starting.  I haven't tried to see if this occurs if starting Engine 1 before Engine 2 (or if it then occurs with Engine 2 instead).

This doesn't seem to be manifesting itself in the sim, in fact I would have never noticed anything amiss if it weren't for these logs.  I'm just reporting it in case it ends up factoring into some other bug somewhere down the line!

Just out of curiosity I tried starting Engine 1 first and got this - again, nothing appears to actually be wrong beyond just having a messy PIREP:

Please login to display this image.

So it seems to happen on the last engine started, and Engine 1 regardless.  Weird but not concerned!

Archived