Cockpit Preparation

CFG874

Cockpit Preparation
Hello,
Please revise the cockpit preparation again.
If I have the CPL processed I start this with the 1.
I have to enter a few things again, although I've done everything (apart from the Fire Test, was explained).
For example:
ECAM Recall,
Parking brake does not matter if On or OFF (always wrong)
Cockpit Voice Recorder (RCD GND CTR ON or OFF) the same
Please check.
A320 Prof Version 1.2.0.2
Thank you
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo,
Bitte die Cockpit Preparation nochmal überarbeiten.
Wenn ich die CPL abgearbeitet habe starte ich diese mit der 1. 
Einiges muss ich nochmal  eingeben obwohl ich alles abgearbeitet habe ( abgesehen vom Fire Test, war erklärt). 
so zum Beispiel:
ECAM Recall, 
Parking Brake egal ob On or OFF ( ist immer falsch)
Cockpit Voice Recorder (RCD GND CTR  ON or OFF) das gleiche
Bitte mal überprüfen.
A320 Prof Version 1.2.0.2
Danke
CFG874 Bernd

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Bernd, do I understand / remember it right that you make all your cockpit preparation settings before you start the COCKPIT PREP CL? And you then want that all your previously made settings are "acknowledged" by the CL?  Sorry but this is something very individual and until now no other user "complained" about the current programming and wanted it to be changed....... Based on this and as I have other priorities (requested by a couple of users) I will not change the COCKPIT PREP CL as required.

Regards,

Rolf

Hello Rolf,
I have always seen something different so far.
The checklist is so I think only a minimum. There is still a lot more that needs to be entered and controlled during the preparation and flight in the cockpit.
Question about the real aviation of the A320.
2 pilots sit comfortably in the cockpit and do nothing first.
After a short time, the PNF reads the checklist and both PF and PNF then make their special inputs based on the checklist - I've always imagined something different. I thought the checklists are to control that no important things will be forgotten. I take it first so know.
Please again for short message.
Thanks CFG874 Bernd

Hallo Rolf,
Ich habe das bis jetzt immer etwas anders gesehen.
Die Checkliste ist so denke ich nur ein Minimum. Es gibt doch noch einiges mehr was bei der Vorbereitung und Flug im Cockpit eingegeben und kontrolliert werden muß. 
Frage zur realen Fliegerei des A320.
2 Piloten setzen sich gemütlich ins Cockpit und machen erstmal nichts.
Nach kurzer Zeit liest der PNF die Checkliste vor und beide PF und PNF machen dann erst ihre speziellen Eingaben anhand der Checklist - das habe ich mir immer etwas anders vorgestellt. Ich dachte die Checklisten sind zur Kontrolle, das keine wichtigen Dinge vergessen werden. Ich nehme es erstmal so zur Kenntniss.

Bitte nochmal um kurze Nachricht.

Danke CFG874 Bernd 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Bernd, basically the procedures differ from airline to airline. And generally speaking you are right e. g. there are a lot more things to be entered and checked which we do not cover in all the checklists. But we devellopped this one together with RL-pilots and got their approval. The COCKPIT PREP CL covers all the important ones and those items are not done prior to working with the checklists but when going through it. So the checklist is not a reminder if certains items have been "forgotten" and settings are not made or not correctly.

• If you look through the RL documents you will always find that the parking brakes are content of the checklists.
  • Visually checking the ECAM RECALL page as well as pushing the ENG FIRETEST buttons are not "saved" - also not in the real plane e.g. there are no indicators for it
  • CVR is already set ON during COCKPIT PREP so that recording is also running until engine start when it is automtically enabled - RL procedure

Regards,

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived