Mathijs Kok

Mega Airport Madrid professional (released)

Mathijs, how are the FPS with AI enabled on your system and the Aerosoft bus? And what are the features in comparison to the 'old' version?

It's like christmas, release of three european capital cities in a single month. Great times for us sim airline captains.

Unbelievable. I have the whole coming weekend free and reserved for simming and this weeks releases will easily answer which routes I am going to take. Really looking forward to this one, missed it a lot since my switch to P3Dv4.

21 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Mathijs, how are the FPS with AI enabled on your system and the Aerosoft bus?

Always find it hard to comment on this as my system is so clear compared to that of some of our customers. But with the conditions shown in the (3440x1440) image below I got 30 fps rather easy. Due to the surface of the airport  (that really matters a lot) it will always be on the heavy side.  But nothing that surprised me in any way. Thorsten knows what he is doing.

2018-9-26_14-4-39-982.png

About time! If in the previous scenery was already good, in this I hope the best. I will use the KEY of the previous to buy it, was one of the scenery that was waiting for Spain, and I only need the Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Paris, Corfu and Lisbon to complete those who buy at the time, I hope it does not lengthen in time.

• Upvote 1

Please include an AFCAD setting "All runways open" because otherwise it will cause problems with other tools...had that problem with EHAM for ages!

Regards, Klaus

1 minute ago, boogie said:

Please include an AFCAD setting "All runways open" because otherwise it will cause problems with other tools...had that problem with EHAM for ages!

Regards, Klaus

Like what tool?

I had troubles with Aivlasoft EFB and Pro-ATC until FlyTampa included the "all runways open" option for EHAM

1 hour ago, boogie said:

I had troubles with Aivlasoft EFB and Pro-ATC until FlyTampa included the "all runways open" option for EHAM

This is not an issue with ProATC where the afcad runways in use can easily be overridden.

If some folks want to be stuck with FSX that's fine but there is no reason to expect retro development clogging up progress.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

vor 8 Minuten, Psybear sagte:

If some folks want to be stuck with FSX that's fine but there is no reason to expect retro development clogging up progress.

It was a mere question, since it could also well be (just like in all previous Sim-Wings sceneries) that they have already included a FSX version in their schedule and that it won't be as time-consuming to include such a version as you might think. As far as I know, Tenerife and Gran Canaria were scheduled also as FSX sceneries and so far, there has been no announcement that they have cancelled a FSX version of those two sceneries. And I'm against that patronising demeanour towards FSX users (I plan to make the switch to P3D soon, if that comforts you). FSX users might not have the appropriate hardware to upgrade to P3D yet, and since that is a costly investment, you shouldn't judge on other people's wallets. It might be a lot less expensive for them to keep their already existing add-ons up-to-date than investing thousands of bucks into a new system.

• Upvote 2

vor 27 Minuten, srcooke sagte:

This is not an issue with ProATC where the afcad runways in use can easily be overridden.

I'm not sure if understand what you mean but I had often problems Pro-ATC giving me runways (procedures) which didn't exist in Aivlasoft EFB or the aircraft.

And after each change of the runway setting you have to do a new read-out of the scenery database.

30 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

So this is clearly for P3D only, but will there be an updated version of Madrid for FSX, too?

I am not aware of such a production right now. Sorry.

26 minutes ago, theraygan said:

Any chance for future XPlane LEMD? There's a big gap there in xp

Yes, could very well happen.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, boogie said:

I'm not sure if understand what you mean but I had often problems Pro-ATC giving me runways (procedures) which didn't exist in Aivlasoft EFB or the aircraft.

And after each change of the runway setting you have to do a new read-out of the scenery database.

Then please raise a post on the support forum including relevant log.

i have the old Madrid Barajas of Aerosoft. Can I have a discount when I buy this wonderful airport? 

Otherwise, I don't leave my old airport,

1 hour ago, FWAviation said:

It was a mere question, since it could also well be (just like in all previous Sim-Wings sceneries) that they have already included a FSX version in their schedule and that it won't be as time-consuming to include such a version as you might think. As far as I know, Tenerife and Gran Canaria were scheduled also as FSX sceneries and so far, there has been no announcement that they have cancelled a FSX version of those two sceneries. And I'm against that patronising demeanour towards FSX users (I plan to make the switch to P3D soon, if that comforts you). FSX users might not have the appropriate hardware to upgrade to P3D yet, and since that is a costly investment, you shouldn't judge on other people's wallets. It might be a lot less expensive for them to keep their already existing add-ons up-to-date than investing thousands of bucks into a new system.

I know it is a preview but I'm sorry to hear that I wont be able to have the Spanish capital on P3D v3...I can't afford making my computer run v4 (just as the quoted message says...)

• Upvote 1