Problem with MCDU

Jp2gmd

Hello

I have a problem with MCDU sync during shared cockpit. Everything is ok with connection (both of us have green CONN OK in right CDU and checked SYNC DISPLAYS and SYNC ND OVERLAY are in ON position). My friend can see my actions in the cockpit - pressing buttons, squawk change etc. but our CDUs are not synced. For example, when I insert EPWR/EPKT in the INIT page it is visible only for me. He don't see any changes in CDU and on ND, only NOT ALLOWED appears on my friend's CDU and the route appears only for me on the ND.

We use the same versions of fsx, Airbus, AIRAC.

Best Regards

Karol

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please work yourself both through the CFD guide which is linked on top of this forum and make sure that the connection between the both of you is configured as required.

There are a few things which could cause this.

1. One of the two required ports is either not opened (forwarded only, don't use Port Triggering as it's unreliable using UDP in the manner we use it) OR the port is otherwise blocked.  The Guides I wrote, espceially the Troubleshooting Guide contains a procedure to test that both Ports are open and functioning properly.  It's important to note the two different Port Testers referenced in the Guide.  The first (Simple Port Tester) only tests the software ports in the computer itself and does not test the Router Ports. Port Checker actually goes out to a server on the Internet and then back to one's computer. If the port(s) are the issue, then using both port testing software packages will tell if the problem is on the computer or the Router.

2.  Both parties are not using the same Airbus revision, or there was an installation issue on one of the two computers.  You can rule this out by:

a. Download the latest revision of the Airbus.

b. Uninstall the Airbus.

c. Remove any remaining folders for the Airbus.

d. Reboot.

e. Disable computer security software.

f.  Run the Airbus Installer "As Admin".

g. Enable computer security software.

h. Reboot.

3.  Something else that is often missed is a previous installation and removal of computer security software.  The Guides explain this and walk you through resolving it.

4.  It's very rare, but there are four or five Internet Service Providers (ISPs) that don't allow for port forwarding even if it's been done on your side. You can call your ISP to see if they restrict traffic over certain ports (this is also addressed in the Guides).  As of last year, one such ISP was located in Germany however the customer never got back to me on the company name.  NOTE:  When calling your ISP for an issue like this, it's highly likely that a customer service representative won't even know what you're talking so you'll have to plead with them to either speak to Tier 2 Tech Support on your behalf or put you through to them.  Given this step requires  you to rely on an outside third party, and how rare this issue is, I recommend waiting until  you've exhausted everything else before calling them (that said, you might be able to find this information on the ISP's website or via  Google Search (Search Phrase something akin to "[Name of the ISP] Port Forward Problem".  Example:  "Comcast Port Forward Problem".

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

53 minutes ago, Jp2gmd said:

Thanks for the respond. I will try it out tomorrow, with success I hope :)

You are most welcome.  Troubleshooting this when computers are not side by side can be a little challenging, but I think you guys have the tools to at least find where the issue is. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Archived