A319 VC doesn't work after update

Hello,

after I updated the A319 to the newest experimental update it doesn't seem to work anymore. Before the update the textures were fine but now they aren't. I have the newest version on the 320/21 and there everything works fine.

I tried it with the default Germanwings A319 from you guys and this is what I got (see below)

The batteries are on (when I click them they show off and otherwise there is no light so yes they're on). Default panel state is turnaround but as said this is what I get when I load into the airplane.

Had the same problem with the experimental version before this one.

Any fix for that?

Please login to display this image.

The two thing we know that causes this is:

BLACK TEXTURES
1. Ensure the path to the textures is not more than 256 characters long (windows limitation). This is not affected by
installing to the default location.
2. Custom (non-standard) shaders such as provided by PTA and a few other flight sim addons could cause black textures to
show on the airbus. Please remove your p3d shaders folder (will be rebuilt on next start of p3d).

vor 29 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

The two thing we know that causes this is:

BLACK TEXTURES
1. Ensure the path to the textures is not more than 256 characters long (windows limitation). This is not affected by
installing to the default location.
2. Custom (non-standard) shaders such as provided by PTA and a few other flight sim addons could cause black textures to
show on the airbus. Please remove your p3d shaders folder (will be rebuilt on next start of p3d).

I actually use PTA.

But with the A320/21 it works like a charm. 

With the stable build it also works perfectly. Don't know what's causing it but I will try the shaders

Thank you so much... phew

Still unfortunaly the same result. No Shaders but still the same problem. 

What was that with the name too long ? 

What would need to be changed ? The A319 is at D:\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\A318-A319prof\Simobjects\Texture.xxxxxx

----

Just checked another plane (A318) and I got St. Elmos fire on the windscreen and the battery has 0 Volts.

I already reinstalled it a couple of times and the stable version always worked fine. So if you don't know anything else now I might just go back to the stable version

It sounds to me that your install or update didn't go correctly.

Probably best to uninstall, remove any remaining folders, reboot, disable computer security software, and run the installer As Admin.  Before applying an update, be sure to also disable computer security software (which should be re-enabled after you're done).  Thankfully, this doesn't take very long at all to do.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

vor 4 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

It sounds to me that your install or update didn't go correctly.

Probably best to uninstall, remove any remaining folders, reboot, disable computer security software, and run the installer As Admin.  Before applying an update, be sure to also disable computer security software (which should be re-enabled after you're done).  Thankfully, this doesn't take very long at all to do.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

I assume when I uninstall it via the control panel all the files are gone ? At Ecosystem/Aerosoft there are at least no leftovers 

atm only using windows defender. It didn't alarm anything so far and assuming it won't because w/ the A320 it also worked good

Just now, Lennart1948 said:

I assume when I uninstall it via the control panel all the files are gone ? At Ecosystem/Aerosoft there are at least no leftovers 

Just now, Lennart1948 said:

remove any remaining folders

1 minute ago, Lennart1948 said:

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

remove any remaining folders

Ah, missed the EcoSystem part of that.  The Airbus should not be installing to the EcoSystem folder, unless you are purposely directing it to do so.  The regular installation path is to the Aerosoft folder in your Documents folder.

Other than where you direct the installer to, no sir, there shouldn't be anything else to worry about.

vor 17 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

The Airbus should not be installing to the EcoSystem folder, unless you are purposely directing it to do so

The installer put it there. 

I didn't put it in the ecosystem folder on purpose.

So nothing I can do now?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Of course you can:

- Uninstall the Airbus

- Create a folder outside P3d, e.g. ...\my p3d addons (you can then use this folder for ANY addon supporting the new installation method introduced by LM)

- reinstall the Airbus and point the installer to this folder.

The files needed by the new Airbus are placed in 2 locations:

1. under user\YOU\Documenst\Aerosoft\General

2. under the folder you specified during installation

vor 46 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

Of course you can:

- Uninstall the Airbus

- Create a folder outside P3d, e.g. ...\my p3d addons (you can then use this folder for ANY addon supporting the new installation method introduced by LM)

- reinstall the Airbus and point the installer to this folder.

The files needed by the new Airbus are placed in 2 locations:

1. under user\YOU\Documenst\Aerosoft\General

2. under the folder you specified during installation

I would like to have it at the same place as my A320-21 being the Ecosystem folder.

I don't want a folder on my desktop for my P3D Add-Ons.

That's how my installation looks like.

I can only repeat, somehow when I update the A320-21 it works all fine. 

The way you said it is the exact same just that it is in another folder. 

I have the folders that you said in the documents area containing :

- Flight recorder

- Fs2Crew Raas AA P3DV4

- FS2Crew RAAS AA README 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well the general suggestion is not to install inside the P3D folder. But if you do not want to follow this recommendation and and if it works for you now, leave it as it is.

Archived