P3Dv4.3 hangs when selecting the A320

Thralni

Hello,

I just ran into a strange problem with the A320 Professional. Selecting the A320, doesn't matter where in the world, in what livery or with what engine variant, P3Dv4 hangs. There is no specific dll to pin this on, it simply hangs right after loading is complete. Sometimes the cockpit is displayed and sometimes it's not, the screen just stays black. Not quite sure what to think of this. This happened this morning. I successfully flew the plane a few days ago. The A319 is unaffected, as well as the A321, so it's specific to the A320. I happened to install some liveries yesterday using the livery manager, but I can't imagine that it would cause the entire sim to hang...? Any suggestions? I'd rather avoid reinstalling...

Best,

Benjamin

Check the aircraft.cfg file to see if the livery numbers start at 0 (zero) and increment by one for each additional livery.  Sometimes the numbering of liveries get's a little out of whack.  If you find this happened, then just manually edit the livery numbers so they start at zero and increment by one for each additional livery.

If that doesn't resolve it, try deleting your shaders.  If that doesn't solve it, then move your Prepar3d.cfg file to your desktop (it will be re-written when you start P3D).

Hopefully you'll have your problem sorted out.

Best wishes.

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Check the aircraft.cfg file to see if the livery numbers start at 0 (zero) and increment by one for each additional livery.  Sometimes the numbering of liveries get's a little out of whack.  If you find this happened, then just manually edit the livery numbers so they start at zero and increment by one for each additional livery.

If that doesn't resolve it, try deleting your shaders.  If that doesn't solve it, then move your Prepar3d.cfg file to your desktop (it will be re-written when you start P3D).

Hopefully you'll have your problem sorted out.

Best wishes.

Thanks, I'll try those suggestions once I get back home. Just wanted to emphasize that only the Aerosoft Airbus A320 Professional seems to currently suffer the hang, so I was wondering if you could explain how rebuilding Shaders and Prepar3d.cfg might help? Just out of curiosity... the sim runs absolutely fine besides this specific issue.

The Airbus Professional uses TrueGlass and Real Light, as well as default shaders.  After installing True Glass and Real Light (automatic when you run our installer), you should always delete your P3D Shaders folder.  Other aircraft (that I know of) currently these products are the TFDi Design B717 and the Leonardo Maddog X.

Best wishes.

Sadly none of those options fixed the issue. The A318, A319 and A321 work fine as well as all my other aircraft. Only the A320 is giving the problem, so I think the fix would lie with something that's a bit more specific to the A320. Is there anything else that could cause this issue?

Update: Just went ahead and reinstalled the plane over the old copy, and it seems to work again... Not sure what messed it up but all's good again.

Benjamin,

If you have uninstalled and reinstalled, or updated the A320/A321, then it's possible you might have a duplicate entry for the A320 in one of the P3D configuration files.  Duplicate entries like this have been shown to knock frame rates down to low single digits (which could be 0 or 1 frames per second on slower systems).  This would certainly explain what you're seeing.  If this is the problem, then looking for and removing any duplicate entries in the configuration files would resolve this.

If you don't have any duplicate entries, then something else to look at is if you have added any liveries to the A320. If so, please removing them and see if the problem is resolved.

Archived