Air conditioning

brtkstn

Hi, i found on COND page that air condition works when engines and apu are off. I can change temperature in all compartments and it rises or decreases. Is it normal?. Regards.

On a similar note, I've noticed that the cabin doesn't seem to normalize with the outdoor temperature, with the ECAM reporting a consistent cabin temp of 24 degrees C regardless of the outside temperature. If I recall, the FSX version would eventually approach the outdoor temperature, i.e. if it's 33 outside, the cabin would gradually warm up to meet that unless you turned on the air conditioning (and vice versa in cold weather).  I've done several flights in the Florida/Caribbean area with takeoff temps between 30-34 and even after running 20-25 minutes of preflight and not starting the APU until a few minutes before pushback, the cabin temperature will still read 24 across the board.  (I think any passenger boarding a flight in such a situation would agree things aren't nearly that comfortable!)  To me, this simulation should be considered normal ops, just as Packs Off takeoffs, Packs on APU, etc. are SOP depending on airline.  I'll still continue to follow those procedures regardless, but it would be nice if there was some reporting on the ECAM to justify my efforts.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived