FSX Files Destroyed by OV-10 Bronco

simflyer69

I bought the OV-10 Bronco 21/9/2018 and after install any FSX files not in individual folders were all missing. I was able to restore everything but the one file that lets it run for more than 30 minutes and I am told Microsoft doesn't offer any assistance in re registering as they no longer support FSX. I did see a post on a related topic from 2012 and I am curious why no one bothered to fix it or at the very least post a warning that this was possible. I am hoping but doubtful that someone can tell me that the installer moved the file somewhere I can recover it on my PC but I tend to think I am completely out of luck and have the joy of trying to put FSX back together which should only take a few years. I honestly don't care about the Bronco being useable or not at this point I am just hoping someone can help me get my sim working without the nightmare of re installing everything. Thank you.   

I'm very sorry to hear you've suffered such a problem, but I'm mystified at how any installer can delete files and cause something like this. I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm simply saying it's WAY out of character for an installer to cause such an issue.

One thing isn't clear from your post, are you saying that you're missing Bronco related folders/files, or actual FSX folders and files not related to the Bronco?

Technical support via forum posts is and should be the first step (as quite often we can provide customers with quick responses and fixes, however sometimes a post will simply get missed.  For something as severe as you're reporting then your best option is to put in a formal support request (ticket) here:  https://aerosoft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.  Be sure to include your Order Number and the email for your Aerosoft Store Account (or let us know where you purchased the software and the purchase info).  Please also include which version of FSX you're using (FSX with SP2, FSX Acceleration, or FSX Steam (FSX:SE).

While you await a response to your the support ticket, you may want to take a look at your computer security software to see if it may have removed whatever you're missing. 

Best wishes!

Thanks for your reply. I understand your concern but I assure you this was the cause. Everything was fine prior to install. I have a Jetline computer and they were puzzled. They were also concerned I may have done something but they were able to verify the only activity was the install. I did see a more recent post for someone using FSX steam. They had the same issue but they had a new install so it was relatively painless to restore. The files missing were FSX files including the exe file and the reg key. The only files not removed were in separate folders. I did get a support ticket. I am not looking for a refund and even though I haven't read it top to bottom Im sure the license agreement frees them from any blame. My only request is if they may know what the program does with the files it removes so I can get the registration file back. I am hoping to avoid starting from scratch as when I got this machine it took several months to get everything back to normal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I use FSX acceleration.   

2 hours ago, simflyer69 said:

Thanks for your reply. I understand your concern but I assure you this was the cause. Everything was fine prior to install. I have a Jetline computer and they were puzzled. They were also concerned I may have done something but they were able to verify the only activity was the install. I did see a more recent post for someone using FSX steam. They had the same issue but they had a new install so it was relatively painless to restore. The files missing were FSX files including the exe file and the reg key. The only files not removed were in separate folders. I did get a support ticket. I am not looking for a refund and even though I haven't read it top to bottom Im sure the license agreement frees them from any blame. My only request is if they may know what the program does with the files it removes so I can get the registration file back. I am hoping to avoid starting from scratch as when I got this machine it took several months to get everything back to normal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I use FSX acceleration.   

Ah, understand.  Thanks very much for the update.  I'm hopeful that the Tech Support guys will be able to help you with this.

My very best wishes for a fast resolution.

• Aerosoft

I looked the installer and there are ONLY copy commands in there, not a single change or overwrite (let alone delete). There is simply no way copying new files could cause these problems. Apart from that, this installer has been used by thousands of people and is this well proven.

Archived