VOR/ADF Radio Tones Won't Turn Off

LeeMcGrath2015

Good morning,

I keep facing a problem where the radio panel seems to be tuning to VOR's/ADF's and playing the audio through my speakers and it won't turn off no matter what I try.

I know on other aircraft I have/had you have to manually turn the radio panel selectors on if you want to hear the frequency you're tuned too but at the moment it's doing it by default and won't turn off.

If I go to the MCDU and clear the automatically selected frequencies and enter frequencies that aren't local to my location so they're not picking anything up, I'm still hearing the dot dot beep beep beep dot dot (etc etc) every 20 seconds or so and it becomes highly annoying.
There also seems to be no way on the radio panel to turn it off no matter what combination I try

It doesn't happen every flight and there doesn't seem to be a pattern. 

It does it at EGGP and EGGD and I just departed LXGB and they started playing about 2 minutes after take off and stayed for around 1 hour then cleared on their own and started playing again about 15 minutes from TOD non stop all the way into EGGD and continued all the way to the gate

Is there anything I can do to turn them off/mute them as I'm hearing them in my mind now even when away from the sim and it's turning me a little crazy!

Congrats on the aircraft though, apart from this everything else works great and runs smoothly

Thanks,

Lee

45 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have not seen anything like that, but I seem to recall another user reporting it. If anybody sees it and knows how to recreate please let us know.

The same issue is with COM1/2. COM2 if once enabled will keep receiving even with the knob turned off. This has been reported in at least two previous threads.

43 minutes ago, Fragged^2 said:

The same issue is with COM1/2. COM2 if once enabled will keep receiving even with the knob turned off. This has been reported in at least two previous threads.

Is there anyway to stop it starting in the first place? Even If I don't touch the radio's sometimes it just comes on by itself

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Fragged^2 said:

I just tried it here on two machines... No idea what causes that.  We do not have our own code for that, it is 100% standard sim.

• Aerosoft

Frank has just looked at the code (it's only one line) and it seems impossible there is an error in (A:NAV SOUND:1, number) 1 == To make things even weirder, that has not changed in the last 7 years and I simply do no see the issue in old archives of Airbus X and Airbus Extended.

So it is either the sim that forgets to set the correct flag or the sound system that repeats a sound that should not be repeated. Anything special on the sound hardware of the system that show this issue?

Archived